• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front grill options...

A few details that should be pointed out, the 72’ grille pictured in the OP appears to be painted Light Argent Silver or something similar. Not the color as originally designed, the correct color was darker and was meant to look like titanium. Under low light conditions, it appears almost “blacked out”. None of the 71’, or 72’ Satellite Sebring, grille variations came originally fully blacked out as pictured in the OP.
I was fortunate enough to have acquired an NOS center section and right headlight surround for my restoration with original paint intact. Locating a paint match for the NOS parts was daunting. Never able to locate any factory paint codes for the 72’ grille, I did find a very close match however with a SEM product.
DSC03816r.jpg

DSC07286r.jpg

As much as i love these old cars, and mine a 73 and a clone, i guess i would say over a 7 year rebuild on it i love the ole gal, didn't think at the time that would happen owning at earlier times the first 3 generations but got hooked on it. I honestly have to say though the 71-72 front ends, grills have the most foreboding, mean, let me at-em looks on the ones this side of the great years of 68-70. My own opinion but i see some hear agree.. Drive-em with a smile gents, real nice cars for sure. Kinda reminds me of a cat ready to pounce on anything getting in the way!
CatEyes.gif

Here's my '72 RoadRunner Clone, Tribute, Recreation, Satellite Sebring Plus
RoadRunner Grille is much better than the SatelliteAttached Images

Attachments

• 100_1257.jpg
    100_1257.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 227
yeah...i do agree..it looks awesome on yours and 72roadrunnerGTX..when i repaint my car...it is either going silver/grey or black!! They look nasty!

yeah...i do agree..it looks awesome on yours and 72roadrunnerGTX..when i repaint my car...it is either going silver/grey or black!! They look nasty!

Your 72 looks great from what i seen, but yes i agree with your colors for it,, I can see one sharp as could be with a two tone silver on black, Not even a suggestion, just saying i think one would look sharp!

Your 72 looks great from what i seen, but yes i agree with your colors for it,, I can see one sharp as could be with a two tone silver on black, Not even a suggestion, just saying i think one would look sharp!
thanks..but it's a 71.

My apologies to you, i love both years and with the black/silver or two tone, i think 71 or72 either one the body style would look good with the colors. I hope i didn't offend, it was not my intention..

My apologies to you, i love both years and with the black/silver or two tone, i think 71 or72 either one the body style would look good with the colors. I hope i didn't offend, it was not my intention..
def not..no worries Ron!!

Here's my '72 RoadRunner Clone, Tribute, Recreation, Satellite Sebring Plus
RoadRunner Grille is much better than the SatelliteAttached Images

So your Satellite has a real RR grille and my Real RR has a Satellite grille? :eek:

Still love the satellite grill
Looked high and low for a 72 RR grill- for a few years...
I wont pay 2k for one but somthing tells me in yrs to come I prob should have ...

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 202
Have you tried these guys, they are pricey, tell them you want one thats broke up some if need be to get it cheaper, don't laugh... You just may be real surprised at what you can do!

http://www.shopmopar.com/

A few details that should be pointed out, the 72’ grille pictured in the OP appears to be painted Light Argent Silver or something similar. Not the color as originally designed, the correct color was darker and was meant to look like titanium. Under low light conditions, it appears almost “blacked out”. None of the 71’, or 72’ Satellite Sebring, grille variations came originally fully blacked out as pictured in the OP.
I was fortunate enough to have acquired an NOS center section and right headlight surround for my restoration with original paint intact. Locating a paint match for the NOS parts was daunting. Never able to locate any factory paint codes for the 72’ grille, I did find a very close match however with a SEM product.
DSC03816r.jpg

DSC07286r.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! Do you possibly have a product number for that paint can? When I repaint my car, I'm going to need to go in and repair the passenger side headlight surround on mine and I might as well paint it correct at the time.

Only 72 RR's got the solid grille with the crossbar center section,one year only, only RR's. The 71RR/Sat's and 72 Sat's shared the same egg crate style grilles. That is one of the chin spoilers on that 72 RR, there is one on each side.

Joe
And chin spoilers were a 71 RR only option. None on any other year.

And chin spoilers were a 71 RR only option. None on any other year.

I never claimed the chin spoilers were original to the 72 RR, I was just telling one of the posters what they were on the 72 RR in the first picture.

I think they are cool and so is the Gull Wing that is why I am going to put both on my 72 RR.

Auto Transport Service
Back