• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front passenger turn signal

Gerrs69rr

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Ok this one has got me! 4way flashers work on all four corners, both indicators on dash work fine, left turn signal works fine back and front, indicator on dash works, right turn signal works on the back but the front light and indicator on dash is not working?????? Any ideas

have you tried to ground front light to see if its a bad ground?

I did not, I assumed 4 ways worked so I was Good, lol.....I assumed on electrical discrepancy, I'll give it a shot

Did you run a temp ground and connect it right to the light housing and try it? I literally just fixed the same exact problem two days ago. The screws that held the light bulb housing in weren’t transferring a good ground. Cleaned them up and fixed it in two seconds.

Did you run a temp ground and connect it right to the light housing and try it? I literally just fixed the same exact problem two days ago. The screws that held the light bulb housing in weren’t transferring a good ground. Cleaned them up and fixed it in two seconds.
No I just did the grounds on core support, I'll give that a shot tomorrow

On mine, that same bulb/housing didn’t come on with my running lights either. Found out that the only thing those two functions in that particular location share is a ground. So I’m hoping that’s your issue to so you have an easy fix

I got back on it this morning, removed housing and cleaned everything up, went through bulkhead connector to ensure all pins are set. Still the same, parking light works fine, flashes with four way but will not flash (verified no power at bulb) with turn signal. You can hear flasher clicking and rear tail light is blinking.

Yes it is, 8 years ago or so
Just had the same problem.
My old original turn switch would not cancel on right turns.
I pulled the wheel and used a replacement switch.
The one I used was the top half switch with the red and white leads you splice in.
Tested lights before replacing the wheel and found exact problem you described.
It was the spring wire contacts on the bottom side ,one of the stainless wires was setting to low or flush with the plastic.
It would not touch the brass contact when leveled to position.
Bent it up slightly and the front turn and dash indicator returned.
Hope that is all yours needs.

The one I used was the top half switch with the red and white leads you splice in.
It was the spring wire contacts on the bottom side ,one of the stainless wires was setting to low or flush with the plastic.
I'm yanking the wheel tonight, I'll let you know how it goes. This is my last discrepancy I need to fix before I make this 6 hour trip to Carlisle in a few weeks

Holy crap that was it! Easy fix, thanks to everyone for your inputs, I'm ready to hit the road.

Holy crap that was it! Easy fix, thanks to everyone for your inputs, I'm ready to hit the road.
I have same trouble as y’all , I’ve pulled the wheel , do I unplug , and remove turn switch?

FC7B521E-B584-44AF-B4DA-5483E3A22330.jpeg

You shouldn't have to remove entire switch, mine had just enough slack in wire harness to pull it out just far enough to adjust small brass tabs, wouldn't hurt to clean them up and re grease with dielectric grease.

You shouldn't have to remove entire switch, mine had just enough slack in wire harness to pull it out just far enough to adjust small brass tabs, wouldn't hurt to clean them up and re grease with dielectric grease.
Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back