• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front seat front brackets

MprDoc

Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
So a long, long time ago, in a garage far far away I took the front seats out of my 1966 Plymouth Satellite. Sadly, it has been a long time since they where back in and when I took them out I didn't realize that passenger and driver brackets are actually a different height. If someone could be so kind I need to know if the passenger side or driver side is the taller of the two.

Common sense would tell me that the driver side is taller to improve visibility over the wheel BUT I could also see them being shorter to allower leg clearance from the steering wheel.

A little help would be GLORIOUS!

I've just glanced over at my 64 seats and thought ****! one is taller than the other, but after closer inspection ( ok, i'd actually forgotten) the bases are adjustable for height and tilt.........do the 66 seats have the same deal???

My 66 bench track brackets are adjustable and so are my brothers 66 bucket tracks.

The inboard and outboard are different, however.

you can figure out which one for what side by the SEAT AJUSTMENT KNOB!!!

Petty Blue 67 GTX

LOL! OK, the seat adjustment knob isn't on the bracket SMART *** ;)

They are adjustable for height BUT it will matter what your final height is by which one is taller.

C'MON! All I want to know is which on is higher, passenger side or driver side!

My drivers seat is set higher, but realisticly it depends on your height eg: Hobbit vs NBL Player........a bit extreme but you see what i'm getting at.

Wow sorry,not trying be be a smart ***...Brackets look the same on my car....

LOL, sorry Bad, I'm just playin.

Red - They are adjustable BUT the starting height is different meaning the FINAL height will be different at the uppermost end of each bracket.

I dunno, might just go with the taller one on the driver side since I lean toward the hobbit side anyway ;)

Just bought a pair intact- Here's a pic.

It seems the height and offset is quite a bit different.

Outboards are higher. This is the pass side.

DSCN5871.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back