• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Seats for '72 Charger

ncvikingfan

Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
I would like to replace a straight bench front seat in a '72 Charger with one that has the higher back split seats with just the arm rest; no console.

Are the rails for front seats the same unless they are bucket seats and console? If so, for how many model years, etc.?

I had a '73/'74 Charger with this type seat many years ago. I would like to replicate it in the '72 model. The '72 current seats would have to be re-upholstered if I kept them in the car anyway.

Any suggestions for a source?

Thanks.

I have some high back bench seats. All the bench seats used the same tracks but are different then bucket seats.

Do you mean you want the front 60/40 bench, split at the back and the bottom?
I've got a '71 Coronet that came with the full bench, no armrest, and found a 60/40 bench with an armrest out of a '76 Fury 2-door. I had to use '71-'74 bucket seat tracks, as they need support on either side of the trans tunnel.
If this is what you're looking for, there are a lot of options from the later B's. You just need the tracks that fit your car. The older tracks should bolt up to the newer seats.
I hope this helps. :)

1272980365-925.jpg I pulled this out of my Charger to add Buckets. I'm in NC and for the right price it coudl be for sale.

Patrick

Here are the high back bench seats available for the 71-4 Charger and Coronet. I have 3 of them.

Attachments

• 20141015_123835.jpg
    20141015_123835.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 263
Here are the high back bench seats available for the 71-4 Charger and Coronet. I have 3 of them.

Moparmarks,

Those are the style that the older one from my youth had. These would fit the existing tracks already in the '72?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

While I am in the thread, what does a good re-upholstery job run for front and back seats? Never been in that market before. Thanks.

Yes, they will fit your standard bench seat tracks. The blue one is from a 74 Charger, Black 72 and the brown one under is from a 73.
Legendary makes cover for these.

A shop here wanted $700 to do my buckets. I've found a set of Cadillac CTS buckets for less than 1/2 of that. I'm going that route. You might investigate other seats first.

You can buy the upholstery from Legendary and install the covers yourself if your a little mechanically inclined. I did a lot of research and you can even find videos on YouTube showing you how.

Start with the back seat first because it is the easiest to do and you don't have to disassemble anything. While you have it down to a bare frame get the frames blasted down to bare metal and give them a good paint coating. This will also allow you to check out the seat foam and replace it as necessary.

I was totally overwhelmed at the thought of trying to do the work myself at first, but then after doing the research it didn't seem too hard to do so I gave it a go. I was very happy with the results.

You can also download and print installation instructions from Legendary's website.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my handy work on the Duster I finished up two years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back