• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frustration

Gus chiggins

Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
I sent out my crome bezel for the rear seat on 12SEPT2022, and i was told it will be ready three weeks from now, and the chrome shop said it would be ready mid December. I sent the upper rear seat back to get upholstered 5NOV2022, i was told it would be a couple of weeks, it is now 15DEC2022, and i was told he'll get right on it. Is it me, or do people just don't care about the work they do ??

20221115_154525.jpg

20221115_154407.jpg

i was told it would be a couple of weeks, it is now 15DEC2022, and i was told he'll get right on it. Is it me, or do people just don't care about the work they do ??

I think it's you, you believe everything you're told! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is every single thing when paying someone to do something. Paint+body, interior, rebuilding a transmission the list goes on. I will spend weeks learning how to do it myself and be done with it. I have a saying for this "why pay someone to do a crappy job and screw it up, when I can do a crappy job myself" at least I know where corners were cut, and I got some new tools out of it. I have learned to do everything myself, rebuilt my septic tank, added an entire apartment to the upstairs in my shop, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roofing the list goes on.

This is every single thing when paying someone to do something. Paint+body, interior, rebuilding a transmission the list goes on. I will spend weeks learning how to do it myself and be done with it. I have a saying for this "why pay someone to do a crappy job and screw it up, when I can do a crappy job myself" at least I know where corners were cut, and I got some new tools out of it. I have learned to do everything myself, rebuilt my septic tank, added an entire apartment to the upstairs in my shop, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roofing the list goes on.
Right, i'll start a chrome shop in my garage. Invest all kinds of money to do upholstery work, sewing machines, material etc. Ok, i get the apartment upstairs, and the hvac system too.

A buddy of mine said he told a machinist that there was no hurry.....I just laughed!!! NEVER EVER say that to any machinist lol. Hey, I'm a machinist! :D

I have learned to do everything myself, rebuilt my septic tank, added an entire apartment to the upstairs in my shop, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roofing the list goes on.
[/QUOTE]
That’s the way to do it…..

I have learned to do everything myself, rebuilt my septic tank, added an entire apartment to the upstairs in my shop, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roofing the list goes on.
[/QUOTE]
Do you do your own rechroming, or invest money in an industrial sewing machine for upholstery work, and material? All you mentioned are acquired skills. Do you have your own machine shop for engine/ cylinder head rebuilding, a flow bench, or dyno ?

I was agreeing with the tasks he mentioned.
Obviously some things with auto restoration have to be sent out.
But , the more you can learn and become skilled at, the less you have to send out. Some exceptions ARE plating , machine shop work and custom upholstery.

Do you do your own rechroming, or invest money in an industrial sewing machine for upholstery work, and material? All you mentioned are acquired skills. Do you have your own machine shop for engine/ cylinder head rebuilding, a flow bench, or dyno ?
[/QUOTE]
You are right, a person can't do everything. When comes to chrome I've ended up just cleaning it the best I could and the trim on my f100 I just bit the bullet an bought new. I realize that's not always a possibility as some things you can't buy. I've traded work for some things in the past, this gives me the option of holding their stuff hostage until I get mine back. It is frustrating that some businesses don't care about the customer, there is google reviews.

Don't give up on the dream, open that sweatshop and put them kids back to work!

You are right, a person can't do everything. When comes to chrome I've ended up just cleaning it the best I could and the trim on my f100 I just bit the bullet an bought new. I realize that's not always a possibility as some things you can't buy. I've traded work for some things in the past, this gives me the option of holding their stuff hostage until I get mine back. It is frustrating that some businesses don't care about the customer, there is google reviews.

Don't give up on the dream, open that sweatshop and put them kids back to work!
[/QUOTE]
Maybe kids need to be put in sweatshops, poor darlings with their social media, and you owe me attitude.

Hell it's not just car parts, I sent my top plate in 3 weeks ago to get one missing tooth replaced.
Still waiting.

Auto Transport Service
Back