• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Fragrance Additive

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Anybody use any of the numerous scented fuel fragrance additives?

1664412676765.png

I personally do not.

I think the stuff burns pretty good, cuz some of the cars at the drag strip smell like they're running that stuff full strength lol.

I experienced smelling the additive years ago working on a SuperComp team. Would be in the staging lanes and would smell different fragrances. Cherry would remind me of someone baking a cake! I couldn't believe people would actually do this but sometimes it could be better than the burning alcohol. Maybe it was because there were a lot of female drivers in that class?

Can't say I ever smelled this one! :fool:

View attachment 1349803
Maybe not the fuel additive.......but.....sometimes at college, during the Saturday "night get togethers" .....the aroma of the genuine article was prevalent.....so thick, you could cut it........faarrr ooouut baaabby........!!!
BOB RENTON

I remember my mom telling me that the buses in Regina (gas powered in the 1950s) had fragrance added to the fuel.

I just think it's kinda quirky. It may have the advantage of getting the ladies in the family interested in the hobby if they hate the smell of gad.

When Ron Capps was sponsored by Brut, they used to dump it in the headers and no kidding, you could smell it in the stands.

I don’t know but they said they dumped it in the pipes. But more likely the tank.

I don’t know but they said they dumped it in the pipes. But more likely the tank.

I remember smelling it at one of the national events. Had to be either Englishtown NJ or Maplegrove Pa. Took me by surprise because I used to use Brute cologne at one time and I knew the scent. I was wondering where it was coming from and then it dawned on me that Capps was making a pass. What the heck, they're using it in their fuel or what? One day, watching it on ESPN, the commentators were talking about it. What some people won't do to sell a product. :rolleyes:

As a child, loved the smell of glow fuel in our model airplanes.

That was then.
This is now. :(
1664447201302.png

I remember smelling it at one of the national events. Had to be either Englishtown NJ or Maplegrove Pa. Took me by surprise because I used to use Brute cologne at one time and I knew the scent. I was wondering where it was coming from and then it dawned on me that Capps was making a pass. What the heck, they're using it in their fuel or what? One day, watching it on ESPN, the commentators were talking about it. What some people won't do to sell a product. :rolleyes:
Used Brute once.....threw it away after that! Hated the way it 'stank' lol. Glad it was just a sample.....

Auto Transport Service
Back