• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel leaking

Ok ok. here is what I did. Got a brass female thread to male thread 90 degree fitting. Drilled a hole in the top of the filler neck between the cap fitting and the brace hold down strap for the neck. Then tapped the hole with an 1/8 water pipe thread. Did this on top of the filler neck. Put a two inch nipple on it and put 5/16" fuel hose on and ran it to the passenger side to clear the exhaust pipe. Turned it down and out under the bumper. It was just a little wet after a test drive but not leaking out on the floor like the other vent's where doing. Car runs much better. Looking into the roll over vent valve that Holley sell. This could be option to go with on the end of the line. Yes will have to turn it up in stead of down. It is a work in progress. LOL.

Ok ok. here is what I did. Got a brass female thread to male thread 90 degree fitting. Drilled a hole in the top of the filler neck between the cap fitting and the brace hold down strap for the neck. Then tapped the hole with an 1/8 water pipe thread. Did this on top of the filler neck. Put a two inch nipple on it and put 5/16" fuel hose on and ran it to the passenger side to clear the exhaust pipe. Turned it down and out under the bumper. It was just a little wet after a test drive but not leaking out on the floor like the other vent's where doing. Car runs much better. Looking into the roll over vent valve that Holley sell. This could be option to go with on the end of the line. Yes will have to turn it up in stead of down. It is a work in progress. LOL.
In my opinion it would of been easier to fix it right. With the vents properly routed and being higher than the tank it is almost impossible for raw fuel to come out. If it was every 68-70 B-Body would have fuel all over the place. I know its not apples to apples but my 69 charger never leaks a drop or smells for fuel. Glad it is somewhat working out for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back