• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line Clamps

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
When did Ma Mopar begin phasing out these twisted wire clamps (upper clamp) on the Bbodies? I’d love to get rid of mine on the fuel and coolant lines but also want stay “correct”…

7993B3D5-CC53-4BD1-A11E-2EA155A7A5E9.jpeg

Well, I realize that this is not the most glamorous topic but does anyone know when the wire clamps were phased out?

I don’t recall ever seeing anything other than what turbine68rt has posed for the fuel lines on b bodies. The top clamp in your picture was used on all the b body radiator hoses and heater hoses as far as I know , and probably continued into the late ‘70s or early ‘80s? The small clamp you show was used on power steering return hoses I do believe.

I can tell you that the 1973 RR I restored had the original fuel line clamps and they were these:

100_9249-jpg.jpg

Clarification, the above clamps are not "THE" original but are in the "original" style. Just so no one screams and hollers! LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back