• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel line that dont leak

Texas charger 73

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
i have a Holley 3310 i want to put on my car.. never ran Holley and i see 90% of the fuel lines leak.. what's a good fuel line that don't leak and don't cost arm and a leg

What are we talking about, rubber hoses, the hard lines, lines that connect the bowls? I haven't had any issues with any of them leaking?

What are we talking about, rubber hoses, the hard lines, lines that connect the bowls? I haven't had any issues with any of them leaking?
i dodnt want any rubber line at all.... i need the feed line between the two bowls to my line coming from the fuel pump... but i have heard the chrome hard lines like Mr. Gasket, Spectra and even Holley, Summit and Jegs brand all leak or eventually break...

First I have ever heard of that problem and mine has been on for ten years.

90% of them leak?
Huh?
So 9 out of ten guys here with a holley drive around leaking gas?

Again, huh?

If your carb transfer tube has o-rings this is a vast improvement.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-26-115
Need buy brass fittings that except flare fittings and built your own system. Need a double flaring tool and a decent tube bender. Tool expense doesn't count, MO because you'll have them for other projects.

Last edited:
90% of them leak?
Huh?
So 9 out of ten guys here with a holley drive around leaking gas?

Again, huh?
everyone i talk to that has Holley has had issues with fuel line leaking where it screws into the bowl.. i just want to purchase a fuel line that will seal good and i don't have to retighten all the time.. this will be my first holley... i have always had Edelbrock carburetors

Make your own and then you can taylor it to route exactly where you need it to go.

IMG_1044.jpg

I've never had a 3310 so I'm not sure what they have for fuel inlets, most of those dual inlet kits say 4150 or 4160. I've used the first and second one you posted, the second one I remember having an issue with, maybe the plating going to crap? If the one 91r/t shared is how yours is then yeah, make your own.. looks like standard flared lines? All of my carbs took the gasketed fuel inlets which made those kits more appealing.

Make sure that whatever line unit you choose fits your version of the 3310. Some of the early ones, if my memory is right, had metering blocks on the secondaries like a double pumper. Later ones used a jet plate. Makes about a 3/4" difference between the bowl threads.

Same thing for me, I have had MANY Holley carbs over the last 40+ years and never had a problem with them leaking. That said, I have seen some that leaked on other's cars and the reason was 2 fold; over tightened and/or misaligned.

Auto Transport Service
Back