• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel pressure regulator install?

3rdelke

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Well, the saga continues...While waiting for pushrods to finish upper valvetrain, thought we needed to address the plumbing for the dual quads. we have a high volume mechanical pump, so I bought a cheap fuel pressure regulator with gauge. no instructions were included. do they all require a return line? and does anyone have a simple diagram? I have a little trouble loading pdf files, but that is just one more of the many things I don't understand. thanks, Bob

You can only use a return line if the regulator has a port for one. Which reg do you have.

If it is a 3 port reg. You can't use a return line! 1 is inlet and the other 2 are too the carbs

here is photos IMGP0195.jpgIMGP0196.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

what is the 1/8 inch port for?

1/8 is for test port gauge. Bottom should be inlet. With 2 outlets, one with gauge looks like has been used.

kevin, forgive my ignorance, test port? the top seems to be the adjustment screw. if the bottom is the supply the port opposite the gauge must go to carbs. that makes sense. all but test port, just cap it off?

kevin, forgive my ignorance, test port? the top seems to be the adjustment screw. if the bottom is the supply the port opposite the gauge must go to carbs. that makes sense. all but test port, just cap it off?

Do you mean the barb fitting in the pic? On the reg there is usually a plug on the test port for a pressure gauge. It's option. Look at the quick fuel. Should be relatively the same.

http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/fuel-pressure-regulators/low-pressure-regulator.html

snakeoil, thx, i'll look for those clamps. so just cap off the vacuum fitting? is it for tuning?

snakeoil, thx, i'll look for those clamps. so just cap off the vacuum fitting? is it for tuning?

That should be a vacuum / boost reference port. It's helpful if you're running forced induction like a turbo or a blower so that you a can increase fuel pressure as boost goes up. It would be connected to a vacuum port if you needed it. Otherwise it's just capped.

I'm just learning this stuff myself for my project.

i think these two 750 AFBs are supposed to be set a 4 lbs?1-IMGP0199.jpgthat would be the red scale?

Auto Transport Service
Back