• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel return line

Agree. I'll need more hose. Can I run return back to one of the vent tubes that go into tank? If not I'll need to drop tank replace sending unit and have new 3/8 nipple welded on. It only has one inlet nipple. It's gotten deeper than expected. Oh well march on.

Something about gas bubbles from it spraying fuel from top?
That is cavitation you are referring to - if the return line is too close to the pickup for the supply line (inside the tank) cavitation can occur - meaning there could be times where the fuel pump is drawing a mix or fuel and air bubbles.....which could affect the actual fuel pressure and flow to your Throttle Body regulator.

My custom-made tank has the return coming into the tank on the opposite corner for that reason, and I had baffles installed as well - at close to 25 US Gallons, I didn't want the weight of fuel affecting cornering.

Doesn't have anything to do with the HP of the engine.

Whatever the fuel pressure psi that the throttle body manual wants is what you feed it and set the regulator to this. High pressure EFI hose from the tank to the carb

I hope this thread isn't too old to resurrect - don't EFI cars run metal lines to the tank?

Auto Transport Service
Back