• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank and sender install

bee71

Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
In preparation for installing my new fuel tank I was going to put the tank on a level surface so I could carefully "clock" the sending unit for the most accurate reading. I got to thinking that maybe I should put a level in the trunk to see if I need to allow for any variances and adjust the tank on the ground accordingly. Aren't most B-body tilted a little when installed? Could this be why so many people can't get an accurate reading when they replace the sender? Again thanks to all who view and to those who respond.

You cant get a accurate reading because the senders aren't accurate.Check all you want with a ohm meter but they still don't read correct.

Just get used to it.mine goes to half when full,after it goes to E drive a little more and then go fill it up.ussally takes 11 gallons

All of the new repop sending units have a linear ohm scale. Apparently no manufacture can figure out how to make a non linear scale like the originals were. Being level doesn't have much to do with the arm position and the reading the scale is showing. Empty to full is about 73 to 10 ohms, the in-between is the problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back