• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Tank Float for 66 wagon

1965t5

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
My original gauge reads 1/4 + off and I am sure the float is cracked like sometimes happens. Anyone know if the float itself is a common part - identical for sedans and wagons?

What model wagon? Pull the sending unit and check the brass float. You may be able to carefully solder up a pin hole. Other wise, you can purchase a new sending unit. I don't believe the individual float is available to purchase separately.

What model wagon? Pull the sending unit and check the brass float. You may be able to carefully solder up a pin hole. Other wise, you can purchase a new sending unit. I don't believe the individual float is available to purchase separately.

I would hate to replace the whole sender with all the bad comments about accuracy of the aftermarkets. From pictures I have seen, it looks like the floats are the brass barrel types that are simple to remove/ replace. I just replaced one that looks very similar on a 79 Bronco.

The wagon is a Coronet

Auto Transport Service
Back