• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank replacement

Ukpauly

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Good evening
I have a 67 satellite with a leaky fuel tank my question is are there any other b bodies with the same tank
That will fit my 67 a mate of mine says
A 68 charger tank will fit or indeed any b body of the same vintage
Is this the case please ?

No a 1968 Charger gas tank will not fit a 1967 Satellite. Any one of these gas tanks listed below will fit a 1967 Satellite.

1966-67 Dodge Charger, Coronet,
1966-67 Plymouth Belvedere, Satellite, GTX

No a 1968 Charger gas tank will not fit a 1967 Satellite. Any one of these gas tanks listed below will fit a 1967 Satellite.

1966-67 Dodge Charger, Coronet,
1966-67 Plymouth Belvedere, Satellite, GTX
That’s great thanks for your help

There are new tanks available. Buy a kit with rubber elbows, yours are probably rock hard. if you buy a new pickup/sending unit use your old lock ring if its ok.

I suggest buying any needed fuel filler hose from napa - A repo one I bought off of feebay barely lasted a year.

Good evening
I have a 67 satellite with a leaky fuel tank my question is are there any other b bodies with the same tank
That will fit my 67 a mate of mine says
A 68 charger tank will fit or indeed any b body of the same vintage
Is this the case please ?
If "uk" is United Kingdom, then I suggest you see if you can repair your existing fuel tank. A good radiator shop should be able to weld it up for you. If it can't be fixed, then just get a new reproduction one if you have to.

66/67 tanks the same. As Purple said, soldered if the hole are small. If tank is cruddy on inside they make sealer to cover up the crud.

There are new tanks available. Buy a kit with rubber elbows, yours are probably rock hard. if you buy a new pickup/sending unit use your old lock ring if its ok.
yes the new ones tend not to crush the o ring. when i did mine the thing leaked .
so i bent it more and banged it in , perfect now. no leak it s been 2 years

If "uk" is United Kingdom, then I suggest you see if you can repair your existing fuel tank. A good radiator shop should be able to weld it up for you. If it can't be fixed, then just get a new reproduction one if you have to.
Yes I’m in the UK many thanks for your comments

Thanks for your reply

Auto Transport Service
Back