• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank rubber elbow

After wasting money on reproduction ones that cracked up in a year. I went to my local tractor supply and they had assortments of good quality rubber elbows. No more problems

TN: Not seeing the upper filler neck at Year One (or anywhere else). Am i missing something?

I don't know what to tell you about that
I didn't buy the tubes only the tank and rubber seals

I refinished and reused my old ones

Man those look better than new. Might do the same. Tips? don't think i wanna media blast them. i don't want to remove any more material than necessary.

Man those look better than new. Might do the same. Tips? don't think i wanna media blast them. i don't want to remove any more material than necessary.
Mine were in decent shape to begin with
Wire wheeled them and scotch brited them
Then used self etching primer and paint

There's a street rods parts house in CA that sells the filler tube elbows for about 33% of the cost of the resto parts places.

I've posted the name before.....

OK. Already had the upgraded seal on it when it started leaking. Pulled the old lower tube and noted someone ground down the tube to make is easier to insert into the upgraded seal. That's probably why it leaks.

Got the new grommet and new lower filler tube from Vans. Now I can't get the new lower tube into the grommet! Used so much Vaseline the the wife got worried what I was doing in the garage. Any additional tips would be appreciated.

I have 66 and was on power tour in 2013 and vent plugged and blew hole in top of gas tank in Alabama I am from Ohio and it was second day of 7 for tour drove rest of tour getting gas every 150 miles. got tank when got home same filler tube split couldn't find went to local John Deere farm store and had a fuel line in stock that fit perfect

I have a non vented gas cap. The vent tube comes back in below the cap. Seems on a hot day the tank builds up pressure. Did these cars come with vented caps?

I have a non vented gas cap. The vent tube comes back in below the cap. Seems on a hot day the tank builds up pressure. Did these cars come with vented caps?
I think the caps are vented. The question i have is my cap vents in but not out so i always get pressure when i open the cap. I dont know if that is right. Seem like it should work both ways???

Absolutely!
A 66-67 Charger must have a vented cap

IMG_20190401_152048481.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back