• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Tank Suppliers

Chargered

Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
I need to put a new fuel tank in my 70 Charger. Does anyone have recommendations on who makes a good quality tank or what suppliers are preferred?

For my 69 charger, Igot my stainless steel tank from vans!
It's a thing of beauty! And it won't rust!

I’m going to put another plug in for Spectra tanks. Really nice quality and made in Canada.

yeah, Spectra is the closest to stock you'll likely find and are very good quality. If you want to get one with baffling, etc, Tanks-inc is tough to beat for the price and they have lots of satisfied customers. There are other extremely pricey outfits.

Vansautollc has a stainless steel gas tank for a 68-70 charger, on ebay for $210.oo free shipping. And it looks spot on stock. But it's Shiney. It can be dulled down with scotchbright if you prefer.

If its not stainless, do I need to be concerned about it corroding?

If its not stainless, do I need to be concerned about it corroding?
No, not for at least a few decades unless you let it sit for years at a time without a fuel stabilizer added to the fuel, which allows moisture to get in.

I live in Florida. A very humid environment.
My charger came from the desert southwest and the tank and fuel lines were rusty. The car was not. This is why I chose stainless steel for my fuel lines and tank. Because of the increased humidity.
This is my choice for where I live. Yours I'm sure is different.

Not to mention salt on the roads where it snows. The OP lives in Iowa. Maybe a Stainless, Aluminum, or plastic tank is a good idea in that case.

Not sure how to buy the Spectra tanks. It doesn't look like they sell directly to individuals.

Never mind, I found out you can buy Spectra tanks through Advance Auto.
I bought my Spectra from Jegs 4 or 5 years back. I don't think they listed the brand on their description, but when it showed up it was a Spectra product, made in the Great White North.

I bought my Spectra from Jegs 4 or 5 years back. I don't think they listed the brand on their description, but when it showed up it was a Spectra product, made in the Great White North.
I found out the Vans tanks are made in Taiwan. :( Probably okay quality, but disappointing not made in the USA.

Thanks for the heads up. I found it on JEGs for $163. Advance Auto wanted $305......jeeeeez

Auto Transport Service
Back