• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Full tubs with back seat

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
Surely little O' peasant me isn't the first one to figure this out. Working on a 70 GTX that was cut and full tubed into a race car back in the day. Making a street pounder out of it and my customer says it sure would be nice to get a back seat in there. Want to get rid of the race car looking interior. I've done it to several cars with mini-tubs so like I'll give it a shot. Told him to order up the covers. He stated " everyone says it can't be done". Pooie! After cutting out the cage I rounded up a seat frame and went to work. A little work on the frames and covers and vala. The seat sits forward a bit but looks way better than the race car interior.
upload_2022-5-23_15-51-9-jpeg.jpg

upload_2022-5-23_15-49-50-jpeg.jpg

upload_2022-5-23_15-50-20-jpeg.jpg

upload_2022-5-23_15-51-51-jpeg.jpg

upload_2022-5-23_15-52-36-jpeg.jpg

Nice work Mark ,how much of the seat did you cut off. My friend is doing mini tubs on his 67 Camaro

are the back tires 305?

Slick.
How does the package tray fit?
Looks like you just extended it a bit to fill the gap?

The top of the seat fits the tray as normal. Didn't have to change anything up that high. Seat fits into the hooks.

Did you put the x brace back in?, can't tell from pictures

I’m making the seats out of hard foam then putting the cover on the foam. Tried cutting the frame but couldn’t get it around the bars. Duster race car in Stock class.

Ya I don't see how you could do this with a cage in there.
I think the white really sets it off.
Tubs? What tubs?
upload_2022-5-26_18-1-20.jpeg

Very nice. I'd love to have that setup in my SuperBee.

Nice job looks good. My old Pro Street 69' Charger was tubbed and still had the back seat. I couldn't do it with my 70' Challenger, so I narrowed the rear seat to fit between the tubs. There is even two roll cage bars that punch through the bottom of the seat cushion that go down to my leaf spring perches through the floor.

20150504_074614 (2).jpg

IMG_54331.jpg

IMG_54301.jpg

Real good looking work. You must have put some planning and thought into it.

Auto Transport Service
Back