• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun Day at Barona Yesterday w/pics

67Satty

Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
I drove the 50 miles out to Barona yesterday and got in another seven runs. It was drizzling a little in the morning on the way there so that made things a little interesting with my bias ply D.O.T. slicks. Actually, it wasn't a problem at all but I'm glad it didn't start raining enough to matter.

I got to do some runs against a fellow board member's '62 Belvedere with an original 413, crossram, Max Wedge heads, Lunati cam with the same specs as back in the day - .520 lift and 300 duration. He's running 7.20s in the 1/8. Not bad for old 50 year old technology!

I did some runs with a new Corvette. I could get him out of the hole but he'd just edge by me on the top end.

Good hooking track as you can see by the pictures in the link. Hooking a little too good resulting in some broken axles and ring gears for some!

My white beater is pretty easy to spot. I was way out the groove for one of my launches. Long story involving a lake of water in the burnout box and getting all crossed up.

http://peteliebigphotography.smugmug.com/Barona-Drags-2014/03-23-14-Summit-4#!/

looks like a decent turn out, what did she run ??

Nice to see cars on the track again. Thanks for posting all the pictures.

looks like a decent turn out, what did she run ??

Best run was a 7.95 @ 86, worst run was an 8.03 when I spun. The kid who does the water for the waterbox gets a little carried away sometimes and my car gets all crossed up before I can get all the water off/slicks heated properly sometimes. Did a bunch of 1.68-1.69 60 foots and when it spun bad it did 1.74 for a 60 foot.

Pretty much did between 7.95 to 7.99 all day. I seem stuck at these times. I haven't been able to match or beat my all-time best of 7.86 for some reason even though my 60 foot times have gotten better and my MPH has stayed the same. Extra good air that day I did a 7.86 I guess.

I'm thinking about going to a manual valve body. Other than that, I think I need some better breathing heads than my stock 452s.

nice pics can't wait to run mine as soon as the track opens

Auto Transport Service
Back