Funny how you find something after a week of looking.....

Cranky

Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
for it and then give up after tearing half the shop apart. Today I went looking for a radiator cap that was supposed to be on a shelf and found my 'container' with my cam bearing tools in it. I gave up on that over a month ago but 'what was lost has now been found' and it was being used, of all things as a book end for my service books etc since it was heavy lol. Never did find the rad cap but who cares. Problem is, I don't need the cam tool anymore and probably won't ever use it but now I know my brain is still half way intact. Was thinking it got scraped as I don't just throw things out.....

kiwigtx

Henchman #4
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
We all do it Cranky. I have shoe boxes with things tucked away in them....sometimes I forget what I have tucked away.

I need some translucent shoe boxes. :rofl:

Cranky

Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
We all do it Cranky. I have shoe boxes with things tucked away in them....sometimes I forget what I have tucked away.

I need some translucent shoe boxes. :rofl:
The stuff was in an old metal coffee can .....one of the large 2 lbs 7 oz ones which came with a plastic lid and once opened, the plastic lid came into play. Coffee hasn't come in a metal can in years now lol and I've been slowly converting to the clear 35 oz peanut containers with the screw on lids. I like those much better but how long does the plastic last? Well, being I'm 70, it really doesn't matter, right! :D

chtampa

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
for it and then give up after tearing half the shop apart. Today I went looking for a radiator cap that was supposed to be on a shelf and found my 'container' with my cam bearing tools in it. I gave up on that over a month ago but 'what was lost has now been found' and it was being used, of all things as a book end for my service books etc since it was heavy lol. Never did find the rad cap but who cares. Problem is, I don't need the cam tool anymore and probably won't ever use it but now I know my brain is still half way intact. Was thinking it got scraped as I don't just throw things out.....
There is a process to find items like this. I have watched television shows that have cameras pointed right at the item being searched for. So before I start looking I think to myself, "Where would be a good place for a camera". I then look at wherever the camera could see. And there it is.

Cranky

Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
There is a process to find items like this. I have watched television shows that have cameras pointed right at the item being searched for. So before I start looking I think to myself, "Where would be a good place for a camera". I then look at wherever the camera could see. And there it is.
Several times I looked in the area of my manuals and saw that can.....but couldn't see the top of the lid that was marked....so, that's as far as it went. Just figured it had 8 3/4 parts in it like spiders, clutch cones etc since that was the same shelf where all the other containers of 8 3/4 parts and manuals were I guess.

chtampa

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Several times I looked in the area of my manuals and saw that can.....but couldn't see the top of the lid that was marked....so, that's as far as it went. Just figured it had 8 3/4 parts in it like spiders, clutch cones etc since that was the same shelf where all the other containers of 8 3/4 parts and manuals were I guess.
Apparently, it doesn't work for everybody.

kiwigtx

Henchman #4
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
:rofl:

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I can't find shit I put away two weeks ago! I just recently bought two MOOG upper ball joints
that I couldn't find in a kit that I bought from Mancini fifteen years ago. After I installed them,
I found them in the bottom of the box when looking for the LCA bushings! WTF! Oh well!
Just take solace in the fact that you're not the only one with these problems.

WileERobby

Local time
Reaction score
If I look for something, I won't find it. It gets found sometime afterward, when I'm not looking for it anymore, it pops up where it's least expected.

chtampa

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
If I look for something, I won't find it. It gets found sometime afterward, when I'm not looking for it anymore, it pops up where it's least expected.
Does that apply to women?

padam

Local time
Reaction score
I only find a part after I buy a new one.

patrick66

Local time
Reaction score
Found sunglasses I misplaced nearly a year ago. Precisely where I told myself "I'll remember this". My wife has a photographic memory. It's scary how she remembers where things are that are mine!

WileERobby

Local time
Reaction score
Found sunglasses I misplaced nearly a year ago. Precisely where I told myself "I'll remember this". My wife has a photographic memory. It's scary how she remembers where things are that are mine!
I have a photographic memory. And, like kodak and polaroid, it's become obsolete.

chtampa

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
I have a phonographic memory also. I remember the wrong words to songs.