• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funny how you find something after a week of looking.....

I somehow misplaced a green, 1970 only, bottom-feeder steering wheel horn button back in 2017. That POS is still AWOL after 4+ years. I quit looking for it almost right away, thinking that if I wasn't actively looking for it then it would just turn up somewhere. Nope. Horn button gremlins I guess...

for it and then give up after tearing half the shop apart. Today I went looking for a radiator cap that was supposed to be on a shelf and found my 'container' with my cam bearing tools in it. I gave up on that over a month ago but 'what was lost has now been found' and it was being used, of all things as a book end for my service books etc since it was heavy lol. Never did find the rad cap but who cares. Problem is, I don't need the cam tool anymore and probably won't ever use it but now I know my brain is still half way intact. Was thinking it got scraped as I don't just throw things out.....
Happens to me all the time Cranky. I think I may have a certain part that a member here is looking for and then I cannot find it so I have to apologize for making a mistake in thinking I do have it. At times it comes up that I actually sold it earlier!!! Hell I am still living out of boxes since moving up here to Reno 6 years ago too!!! So I readily tell myself that it's just CRS and Some-timers...cr8crshr/Bill:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::usflag::usflag::usflag::screwy::screwy::screwy::fool::fool::fool::bananaweed::bananaweed::bananaweed:

Last edited:
Happens to me all the time Cranky. I think I may have a certain part that a member here is looking for and then I cannot find it so I have to apologize for making a mistake in thinking I do have it. At times it comes up that I actually sold it earlier!!! Hell I am still living out of boxes since moving up here to Reno 6 years ago too!!! So I readily tell myself that it just CRS and Some-timers...cr8crshr/Bill:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::usflag::usflag::usflag::screwy::screwy::screwy::fool::fool::fool::bananaweed::bananaweed::bananaweed:
I still have a few things packed up from my last move back in......1984!! The boxes are marked though and it's stuff that I had planned on using but never did....not worth selling either.

My dad used to live with us and he was blind as he got older. We moved his large drawer cabinet in the garage at our house. I would sometimes ask him for a tool to use, because he would count drawers from left to right and top to bottom, reach in and get the tool. A lot faster than me searching. Bad part was,when I didn’t put it back in the right place.

It's always in the last place you looked too... :poke:

I find stuff I forgot I even have, a lot lately
too much stuff & not enough time or storage space in my case

Auto Transport Service
Back