• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FURYIOUS update

cbodybob

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve posted anything about FURYIOUS. I freshened up the trusty ole 400 & new freeze plugs installed. But at the last minute after talking with David Gore of Gore Motorsports I decided to let him build my 440. Picked it up last weekend. Been doing a lot of body work. New drivers door installed & passsenger fender. Got lucky & found nice rust free ones then Swiss cheesed them . I found a drivers side quarter skin after I had repaired the one on the car with glass & bondo. No telling how many hours in that. So for now that skin will hang on my shop wall. Hunt for a pass side. Hopefully this weekend I can install the 440. Sit the 400 aside for now. Got the car under 3100 pounds. Transmission rebuilt AGAIN. It wasn’t right & was costing me ET last year & headachs. Sourced a 4.56 with spool but for now I’ll stay with the 4.10. New converter. I have never in my life the $$$ I’ve spent on this car that everyone thinks is a Monte Carlo. Even the MOPAR people ask me what it is ‍♂️ If all goes well with testing I hope to have it in the paint booth soon. This is definitely one project that has got out of hand & snowballed straight to hell, but the car has gathered a small following & I’ve received several grudge call outs. If you ever get that POS Fury going I’ve got something for it LOL. Calculator says 7.40’s in the eighth but I’ll be happy with a consistent 7.70 footbraking it. Yes it’s a B body. Ma MOPAR put the Fury back on the B body platform in 75 for all you experts that don’t know that.

D86705AE-30F9-4320-B938-441D402BCB79.jpeg

3C138551-BBB5-4B1D-BFD9-F87E00110233.jpeg

2609E76D-33EC-4370-9ABE-12B720D230A4.jpeg

B52483EE-2E57-472D-8300-F3E07F624448.jpeg

D656AA38-DE5A-47C4-904B-2E4C1217B3B4.jpeg

You had me at Monte Carlo lol :rofl:

75 Roadrunner Advert. below same body style/platform as the Fury
not my 1st (or 2nd to 20th :poke: ) choice, but you've done well with it

75 Roadrunner Advert. #1.jpg

I'm surprised you don't get 'Nice Corboba', Ricardo Montauban
does it have corinthian leather comments too

75 Roadrunner Advert. below same body style/platform as the Fury
not my 1st (or 2nd to 20th :poke: ) choice, but you've done well with it

View attachment 1328932

I'm surprised you don't get 'Nice Corboba', Ricardo Montauban
does it have corinthian leather comments too
Haha, thanks Bud. Yea I know it’s not a killer muscle B body but I have fun with & yes I get the Cordoba remarks too. Usually online. It’s all fun. I have found Mustang guys don’t like getting beat by a Cordoba LOL

Haha, thanks Bud. Yea I know it’s not a killer muscle B body but I have fun with & yes I get the Cordoba remarks too. Usually online. It’s all fun. I have found Mustang guys don’t like getting beat by a Cordoba LOL
I'll bet that chaps their (Mustang crowd) asses
getting beat by a big ol' car, a "Cordoba" :lol:

glad you took it in the right way,
sometimes sarcasm doesn't come off well in print

Auto Transport Service
Back