• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen Govier...Is it worth it ?

stuka1166

Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Just contacted Galen Govier's office.

VIN and Fender Tag Decode, and listing my car in the registry...$278.00

If I "buy" today...I will get all my info by Christmas.

Does the Govier registry hold any creedence when selling a car ??

Being a 68' some info is hard to find from the Fender Tag.

Just wondering if it's worth the time and $$$ IF I end up selling the car next year.

Thanks !!!

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,042
Nah, He's just a pompous douche bag. No one gives a crap about him any more. We have better info right here on this site.

Nah, He's just a pompous douche bag. No one gives a crap about him any more. We have better info right here on this site.

Nah. A pompous douche-bag, is someone who feels people are impressed by his boring list of possessions.

Thanks for the info...I don't know much about him, other then seeing his name on some cars out there.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW...IF someone can help me decipher my fender tag, I have a pic of it :)

I think his time of being valid has come and gone. I also feel that having a numbers matching vehicle means far less today than some 15 yrs ago or so. Also, Restomodding these cars has become very popular. I just recently acquired a 1970 Challenger, it was a sold car Y14 code, and, the guy I got it from said there was no Fender Tag, but, in cleaning the car out I found it! It's a base 318 car, with one option; an AM radio! Does one restore this base model car, or, restomod it?

He is a 440+6 and HEMI B and E-body guy only. He might acknowledge your existence with a 440 A-body. Anything else? Doesn't exist in his mind. He'll sure as hell sell you his books, though. Buy his book for your year-range of interest and save the rest of your money. His books ARE good, gotta give him that.

My nephew couldn't get that weasel to acknowledge his questions on his old AAR 'Cuda! I used to be friends with him, but have NOT been for many years.

Seems like people try to get his name tied with their cars in hopes to get more money at sales times. I walk away from those. Gaaaylen has never impressed me and he's not 100% either.

I know a guy..who knows a guy...who has a cousin...NO WAIT..wrong story!

My "Bud" has a car that he purchased brand new in 1971, a Cuda and Galen told him at Van Nuys that his car did not come with that option...
And my Bud stood there, in front of the "Galen Groupies" and told him he was full of "_ _ _ _"
This was like 1995 or something like that.

Im surprised he and worman don't have a reality show going on. Wouldn't that be a doozie

He was instrumental in decoding fender tags & broadcast sheets back in the early-mid 1980's and in spite of what many say about him, you really do have to give him credit for that. But all the info that he kept to himself is out there and available right now.

I don't know him personally, so I have no idea what he is like.

Galen did right by me. However his ship has sailed and his validation isn't worth the money anymore. There are others who can do the same without the big $$$.

Attachments

• 440-6 cuda.jpg
    440-6 cuda.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 491
Seems like people try to get his name tied with their cars in hopes to get more money at sales times. I walk away from those. Gaaaylen has never impressed me and he's not 100% either.
I still hear his name being tossed around at car auctions trying to get the bidding up on certain Mopars. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time. As far as having your particular car decoded and listed by Govier, I don't think it's worth the $. JMO.

I think his once great credibility, trust, opinions, has been tainted some too maybe

I don't want to start a big fight either... JMHO

In a word IMO NO, it's not really worth it...

I don't have a dog in the fight really...
I don't have anything against him either...

I do know some people that swore by his stuff early on
& some people think his word is gold...

It used to be the go to company {pretty much the only} for authentications on Mopars
BUT;
Now he's unfortunately somewhat proven it hasn't been a few times too,
{possibly he was duped/conned into it or maybe paid for} authenticating stuff
that was "allegedly" re-bodies/re-Vin'd &/or other accusations/allegations,
IIRC a couple of lawsuits too...
Don't quote me on that, hearsay or stuff that was read or printed !!

He dose have a giant Chrysler Dodge Plymouth {Desoto ?} archive too "allegedly"...

If you think it's needed, or worth it, then go for it...

I personally don't think it's that necessary thou,
especially in todays internet searches & forums...

Try MyMopar.com , AllPar.com, Hamtramck-Historical.com or even Goggle Searches

IMO you can authenticate & find almost anything, any #'s or information,
especially with all the knowledge on these type sites too...

Some good some bad, not everything on the internet is fact either, beware...

IIRC didn't he "allegedly" go to work for some Brand X Dealer group, can't remember the group
doing authentications & #'s crap on their stuff &/or "allegedly"
huge backlog or he bailed {didn't come thru} on a bunch of already paid services,
for GTS customers ?

I seem to remember reading something about that over on the Dodge Charger Forum,
a couple years back...
Everything you read on the internet isn't true or factual either, beware...

Sorry to sound so negative, not my point, but some people have an agenda too...

There's allot of stories out there, some are total BS,
but with all the "allegations", some %'s of them, seemingly have to be true
or maybe somewhat factual... {how's that for commitment ?}

Like I said I don't have a dog in this fight, it's just my $0.02 cent

anyway good luck & Happy Moparing

Auto Transport Service
Back