• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage floor containment mats

20200413_165549.jpg

I went to the carpet store and bought heavy deep pile jute back carpet, 9 x 17. It's not waterproof, it's not even meant to be anywhere but in your house. It's only under my 65 because I don't drive it in the rain, mud, or snow. I have a friend that has one and if he turns the wheel when he's on it, it bags up, I'm not going to screw with it. I've sealed a few of my garages and they just get to slippery if your shoes are wet and abrasives in the epoxy make it harder to clean the floor. I've built 4 of my 8 homes and the one thing I make sure they do is put the right slope on the garage floor so it all runs to the garage door. I had one that was done wrong and the water would slowly go all over the place. As I said, I'm pretty picky about almost everything, except my garage floor. Right now there is crap on the floor under my Durango and in a few days I'll go out and sweep and blow it clean. If in twenty years it gets screwed up, if I'm not dead, I'll replace the floor. On a side note, we don't get that much snow and the only thing a car that leaks can do for me, is take me to one that doesn't, so my floor looks new, trust me.

Auto Transport Service
Back