• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage floor containment mats

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to get one of these containment mats to keep the melting snow and salt off the garage floor. Has anyone here had experience with one of these and one to recommend? The pricing seems all over the place.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

b773_63657ca59daef_81518-1667595427-25852-700x500w.jpg

Does WeatherTech make something like that?

I bought one for my garage floor from TSC, which is now Peavey Mart in Canada. I paid about $180Can. for a 19' long one. It has a raised lip all the way around that contains all the slop. On a nice day, it can be dragged out in the laneway and be hosed off. In the spring, I just roll it up and store it in a large garage bag until I need it again.

I'm pretty picky about almost everything, except my garage floor. I've sealed them, colored them, hell my car sits on carpet, but it's only melting snow and salt. I squeegee it when it's there and in the spring I hose it out and call it a day. My Durango has every WeatherTech mat available, all three rolls and the back, I don't do dirty cars at all. The floor is concrete and dragging a huge tray with crap in it sounds like a hassle. Most of them recommend you clean them by using a mop or a squeegee. I already do that. Just an opinion.

I never used to garage my winter driver until the last few years ( I sold one of my "oldies" and now had room ). I found the salt in the winter slop was eroding my concrete garage floor. I have hot water heat in the floor, and did not want the erosion to reach that level.

I never used to garage my winter driver until the last few years ( I sold one of my "oldies" and now had room ). I found the salt in the winter slop was eroding my concrete garage floor. I have hot water heat in the floor, and did not want the erosion to reach that level.
I can understand that!!

I have a couple of them, for all the reasons Dave6T4 posted. I have one still new in the box. I will get the brand and post when I get out to the shop. I believe I ordered direct from Autofloorguard, as they are in Michigan.
Floor Mat.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, what do you do with all the water on the mat?
I don't get much water in my garage but I squeegee it out, I have an epoxy floor.

I have infloor radiant heat, so the water that collects tends to evapourate, if I get a lot accumulated I squeegee it out the door. The advantage to the mat is it keeps the water in one spot instead running all over. In the spring I pull it outside, wash it off and put it away until the next winter.

I'm pretty picky about almost everything, except my garage floor. I've sealed them, colored them, hell my car sits on carpet, but it's only melting snow and salt. I squeegee it when it's there and in the spring I hose it out and call it a day. My Durango has every WeatherTech mat available, all three rolls and the back, I don't do dirty cars at all. The floor is concrete and dragging a huge tray with crap in it sounds like a hassle. Most of them recommend you clean them by using a mop or a squeegee. I already do that. Just an opinion.

You have something like this?

cargaragefloorm-700x500w.jpg

My winter beater stays outside in the driveway.
Mama's daily driver gets parked in the garage year round.
I was ecstatic when we finally got a house with an attached garage, about 15 years ago, so mama is never exposed to the elements when coming or going.
Currently I squeegee the snow and slush out the door.
I have seen one of these mats at a relatives house in the past and thought they were pretty slick. I think something like this will help direct the slush and melting snow out the door, as opposed to melting and running off to wherever the floor low spots are. Can be a bit of a nuisance if I don't tend to it right away.

I was just at my nieces in laws and they had one in the garage but when you pull in on it just tapping the brakes before the rear tires get on it it slides on the painted floor so they said for everyday use it’s a pain in the ***… I guess there are better ones that stay put..

My garage is my castle, No daily drivers inside, unless it's before the slop is on them. The side where my wife's car used to get out of the weather, has surface damage from the salt and chems they use up here, so No More. We did get them in before the recent blizzard when they were clean, so it was nice to have them ready to go. Heading South seems more appealing every year...

I have one for the wife's truck, she parks in the heated garage. It captures all the snow and slush/water and has a 1 or 2 " raised lip. It really works well, but I have to sweep the water out before it runs over. Auto Floor Guard is the brand name.

Get ya some of that 70’s shag carpet.

I have one for the wife's truck, she parks in the heated garage. It captures all the snow and slush/water and has a 1 or 2 " raised lip. It really works well, but I have to sweep the water out before it runs over. Auto Floor Guard is the brand name.

Thanks for the response. Does it want to slide around when you drive on it?

Auto Transport Service
Back