• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Monkey sell off!

Kinda gets me thinking of "Counts Customs", the workmanship seems to be decent but everything they crank out has the tacky company logo stitched into the seats or something. If I'm paying crazy money for something, I don't want their logo on it.
I was just there yesterday. Took a tour of Danny’s collection. A few nice older cars, but a lot of tacky vehicles. Stopped by the Welderup shop as well. I’m ready to build a rat rod now!

For every shop with a TV show there are 20 shops doing just as awesome or better builds. These guys don't have time for the bullshit nor would most customers tolerate it.

how many times do you have to try to start a new engine with the distributor 180 out before you come up with a better way?

an older guy back in the day (mid 80s) showed me how to point the rotor to #1 with the timing mark 10-15* BTDC....... I have never had an engine not fire up and run........... every time I see the "experts" on TV turning the distributor back and forth while cranking, and fire coming out the carb; I cringe

I watched *** Monkey twice once with the 2 Firebirds #1 and #2 made. The other was a match race with Street Outlaws? Prefer Bitchin' Rides even though there builds are MAJOR bucks. The engineer Will can come up with great ideas. Doing a Nomad tailgate that folded down he engineered it to go down and go under floor.

For every shop with a TV show there are 20 shops doing just as awesome or better builds. These guys don't have time for the bullshit nor would most customers tolerate it.
There's some mf'er in Winslow that does A1 f'ing body work!!! SWEET Camaro ragtop in there now, INCREDIBLE under carrage work people will not see. You would believe he does more miracles then Jesus!! Damn good with fixing pot metal using a little redneck/Piney touch. Gotta watch his pup, big boy will love ya to death. HE AIN'T NO ***-WIPE like RR!!!

20220619_204539.jpg

20220714_124754.jpg

I think the rising cost of hair grease is the reason. And the "we just drug this car outta a field it sat in for 50 years and we got three days before auction got old with American Hot Rod.

Last edited:
Maybe that dumbass sees something we don't. Maybe the time has come to sell. All I got is one little old car, I'm not selling it to anyone. I'll just drive it off into the sunset.............

I'd like to have his $$$

a lot of these collectors, sell their hoards/collections

sooner or later, go a different direction

Looks like things aren't going all to well for christie too:

I thought it was an entertaining show. You just had to sort out the good and the bad. Shows like his keep me motivated to work on my car. Richard reminds me of alot of the "High Rollers" everywhere, not afraid to take a chance. You win some, you lose some. I hope he makes lots of money on the sale and does it all over again... or something different. He is one of those guys that always comes out "smelling like a rose". Just my opinion

Was Aaron the fella with the beard that was on the first few seasons? Little fella? Kinda hipster looking?

I only seen GM a few times, but I always thought he seemed like a smart legit car dude.
Yes. A talented individual.

Is Fast and Loud still on (New shows) ? I have not watched in years .

video posted today that announces entire Rawlings collection to be auctioned off on BaT in near future.
Taxes, beer debt or ?
This may be due to GM Bar and Grille being
fined (after a sting operation) for selling
off brand liquor as premium.
Richard has his fingers in many pies, though.
He owns partial interests in a few garages
that he invested his money in after rehabbing
their business.

Repair garage is a tough business to make money in. But I guess they all are.

I watched the show when there was nothing else to watch. I know if it were not for Dennis Collins he probably would not have had the $$$$ to do many of his projects. I also feel so much of the time line pressure is faked for the production value. I agree with Eldubb, if you cant put that many engines together and not get the distributor right the first time, you might want to find a different line of work. Maybe some of that is staged for the viewer's benefit.
I prefer to watch full custom garage.
I probably won't shed any tears for Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back