• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gathering parts for a 6.4 swap need advice

Hopefully this thread is still alive. I'm just getting started in my 6.4 swap have lots of questions. I just picked up a full drop out from a 16 challenger. So 6.4 plus tr6060, wiring harness, TIPM, pcm, all 3 pedals, and shifter. The swap is going into 69 coronet. My plan is to use the stock k member it currently has Hotchkiss bars and QA1 tubular uppers and lowers. I'm going with the T. X max ecu and most of the other holley pieces. Currently have the oil pan kit and blackheart headers. New borg box and planning on making a custom p/s system with an electric/hydro unit. I would love to be able to bounce questions off this thread as I'm sure there will be a TON of them. For starters though am I the only one who has noticed that guys aren't really doing this swap combo for some reason. I have found a lot of info for the gen3 swap but none on the tr6060 6.4 combo just trying to make sure I'm not coming up to a wall I can move. Any help and time would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

The TR6060 is larger, so it requires more tunnel modification. The TKX on the other hand is smaller and doesn't require much if any trimming depending on the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back