• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge Circuit Board/Gauge Issues

64lonske

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
1964 Dodge Polara 500. I pulled my gauge cluster as the temp gauge was not working. Turns out there was corrosion on one of the poles. I ordered a new temp gauge and decided to update the gauge circuit board, voltage limiter, the plug/twist light bulb sockets and the bulbs. Problem....Fire up the car all gauges work or seem to be working. Gas gauges reads correct, oil pressure were it should be. Let it idle for a 5-10 minutes or drive away and the gauges slowly go to very low or zero. Then they kind of fluctuate from zero to low, but never come back to what I would call a live/accurate reading. I have not started to test anything yet as I'm looking for some advice before I get to far down any rabbit holes. I'll pull the gauge cluster back out this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Maybe IVR. Could be solder or Revit connection.

Local Napa here sent the entire stock of IVR back to supplier due to chinesium.

See rt-eng.com

1964 Dodge Polara 500. I pulled my gauge cluster as the temp gauge was not working. Turns out there was corrosion on one of the poles. I ordered a new temp gauge and decided to update the gauge circuit board, voltage limiter, the plug/twist light bulb sockets and the bulbs. Problem....Fire up the car all gauges work or seem to be working. Gas gauges reads correct, oil pressure were it should be. Let it idle for a 5-10 minutes or drive away and the gauges slowly go to very low or zero. Then they kind of fluctuate from zero to low, but never come back to what I would call a live/accurate reading. I have not started to test anything yet as I'm looking for some advice before I get to far down any rabbit holes. I'll pull the gauge cluster back out this weekend. Thanks in advance.
Where did you get the new circuit boards? I had problems with my old circuitboards, and found this place in Canada called Mr. Heaterbox, their boards are really robust.

Auto Transport Service
Back