• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge Cluster Restoration

vektro69

Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Super Bee and the dash lights don't work. The dimmer switch is very hard to turn, and I think that is at least part of the problem. Need to get it rebuilt. Gauges aren't too bad, but may get the whole cluster re-done while it's out. Also, want to get the tach to work with electronic ignition, and I have found several places to get these services done. Any advice or recommendations? Looking at Tachman, Precision Car Graphic, Instrument Specialties, and Auto Instruments.
Thanks

I had mine done by Redline Gauge Works. Shannon is the owner and the one I dealt with. The quality of work was above and beyond. I am very happy. He does work for fancy cars like those in SEMA too and has done many for the likes of TV car builds as well, but when we talked several times I felt like I was talking to a buddy and he made me feel like the most important customer in the world. Nothing but good things to say about Redline Gauge Works.

Thanks for the replies. I have removed the gauge cluster and the dimmer switch spring is all messed up. Found a sticker on the back from Tachman. He must have been in there before. I will call him about the tach and electronic ignition. Thanks for the help!

I priced the cost of having my cluster restored versus buying a new cluster from Dakota Digital. The new one was cheaper by $200 and has several features that a stock cluster does not.

Reviving this post. Any feedback or recomendations on console restoration services?

I sent mine to Devin Duke in Magalia CA. He restores them for $75.00. [email protected]
Mine works perfectly
Dash dimmer switch only. I sent my cluster to Redline for complete resto.

Auto Transport Service
Back