• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauges

autometers
$T2eC16NHJGoFFu9UFVGOBSChBQ5wd!~~60_57.jpg

That is my project for this summer, replace with autometer

image.jpg

Yes with Autometer in my Cuda. If I do it again I'll use the gauges from Speedhut. Cheaper, customizable, very slim build, lifetime warranty and also made in the USA.

Running the stock ones in my car.
Bunch of years ago Stephen Strope built a '66 called Skully. From the pics looked like it had Auto Meter gauges installed.

p99377_large%2b1966_dodge_charger%2binterior_view_seats.jpg

Is anybody running aftermarket gauges instead of the stock ones?

NEw Vintage Gauges makes a couple lines with 4 3/8 in CIA gauges. The speedo and RPM will look nice in the middle, the other gauge is a 4 in 1 gauge that will account for your your current 6 gauges. You will have to have one more gauge made likely in a 2 in 1 format to fill in the other opening.

A better alternative is to go to Dakota Digital's Custom Shop. They make a custom digital package for 66-67 Chargers.

Is anybody running aftermarket gauges instead of the stock ones?

not yet but I will be soon when my dash is completed. I will use Dakota Digital's custom shop. They will populate your bezel w/ digital gauges. I believe the entire setup was about $1300, with sending units, wiring adapters and all parts needed for a plug and playoperation.

not yet but I will be soon when my dash is completed. I will use Dakota Digital's custom shop. They will populate your bezel w/ digital gauges. I believe the entire setup was about $1300, with sending units, wiring adapters and all parts needed for a plug and playoperation.

Well did you have it done yet? I want to see pictures! I am having gauge issues my self and needing it to be restored it looks like which will cost upwards of $1500 it seems. Or I'm thinking keeping the same gauge look just with digital. Keep me posted!!

I do not see mounting solutions that would work in a 66 or 67 Charger.
Is one possible?

http://www.autometer.com/mounting-solutions/direct-fit.html#1&profile=products
Thanks for your question. In short, you are correct we do not offer one at this time. We partner with a couple other businesses for Y/M/M specific mounting solutions. Some produce their own product and fill it with our gauges and others supply us the ABS thermoformed parts. We are in the tail end of our new product development cycle but I will submit the idea. The team will be suspicious it is coming from me considering my recent 66 Charger acquisition. Cross fingers!

Thanks for your question. In short, you are correct we do not offer one at this time. We partner with a couple other businesses for Y/M/M specific mounting solutions. Some produce their own product and fill it with our gauges and others supply us the ABS thermoformed parts. We are in the tail end of our new product development cycle but I will submit the idea. The team will be suspicious it is coming from me considering my recent 66 Charger acquisition. Cross fingers!

Point them to me. I'm a customer if they can get a panel to market in a few months. I'm waiting.
I'm at a cross...roads.
If you had a first gen Charger mounting panel for your Autometer products I could buy them.
As it is I will have to have my electroluminescent assembly repaired.
Modern Autometer gauges would be better for me in the long run.

Auto Transport Service
Back