• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gearshift lever 1968 console (CABLE)

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello FBBO,

I have a question and maybe you can help me.

In a standard (original) gearshift from 1968 is a cable or wire installed, which releases the lock for switching, if you press the button above. In many cars this cable is broken, because many do not know how to disassemble this mechanism correctly and then just pull it until it breaks.

It is a braided wire which has a grub screw at both ends. at the top it holds the shift button and at the bottom the split which locks the gear.

Do you know if you can buy this? If not and you also had the problem, how did you solve it?

I marked where the cable goes in red on the picture. It is inside the lever.

MD4010_main-01.jpg

Original part number in 69 was 2950210

Yes, prices are nuts for those. I screwed mine up by installing it wrong. Make sure to look up in the manual how to do it right.

I picked up a couple extra original shifters when they were floating around for cheap. None of them had damage to this cable part.

Auto Transport Service
Back