• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General Kinetics SB Mopar Cam - Anyone have a catalog?

tggodfrey

Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have an old G/K cam catalog? I have a SB A9H-284-R cam that i am looking for info on. Specs and Characteristics.

I didnt fully profile it while I had it out, huge mistake on my part as I looked at it thinking it would be close to stock. What I do know....

Advertised Duration 284/284
.050 Duration Measures 225/225
Actual lift at valve is .445/.445
Did not check Lobe separation or centerline..... I got lazy and i am not happy about that.

I read that the Redline series Cams were G/K class of Racing cam and were purchased by crane to become the Blue Race Crane Cams. I did find an old copy of the Blue racer profiles and I did see one that matches this very closely only the .050 duration was 216/216. Now i have been told that old profiles were measured with a Chevy lifter which is smaller, that could account for the duration difference. I also read the G/K cams were all chevy profiles made to work with Mopars.

Anyone have any info on this? Best Vacuum i can get with what i hve done so far is 11-12" of vacuum and smooth idle 950 and up (340 six pack). Lopey/rough idle at 850 rpm. I still have to work with it some more and recurve the distributor before i drive.

Thanks for the help

Terry

I worked at General Kinetics back in the 80's i brought home boxes of catalogs and Decals. I was selling them on Fleabay years ago, but i think i may still have a catalog around. Might take me a fews day to dig through mountains of boxes, if i have one i'll get back with you.

Hmmm, with my admittedly limited memory any more. GK was a "gotta have" for Chebby's back in the day. Sorry can't help. Lots of big block Chebby guys bought them, no personal experience.

Auto Transport Service
Back