• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General Lee HATER omg WFT!!!

Always loved the 68, those tail lights made it look great.

Got to say loved the show as a kid, watching it now, kind of corny. Helped me love muscle cars, especially Mopars. I remember there was one in the town I grew up durning the early 80's painted up like a General, gave me goose bumps as 6 year old kid, even saw driven in the winter, I couldn't beleive it driving that classic iron in the winter. I am sure it was a clapped out beater given alittle more life with paint job because of the tv show. Hate to say it, for awhile they were just old cars, my dad hold alot of nice cars for cheap back then, and so many meat heads bought cars because they had money, and pounded them into ground, left them sit outside under a tarp. I am really sure this hobby has lost more cars to hoarders, you know the type, tree growing up through the windsheild, been sitting 25 yrs, not for sale, going to restore it some day jerk, fyi tarps and outdoor storage on dirt is not the way to preserve a classic machine. Here in the rust belt old man winter has claimed even more. The Dukes, corny show, yes, I think it help save some chargers, the show made more people love them, helped me get out of the GM only family tradition, (my father cursed Mopars) and too see the light of Mopar.

Last edited:
you've got to love this!

i'm just sayin'
this is what they looked like after they were jumped...
and it was for sale as a piece of "TV history"

Attachments

• jumped 1968_Dodge_Charger_.jpg
    jumped 1968_Dodge_Charger_.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2,505
I Love Chargers especially 68-70's, My 1st car was a 68 R/T Charger & I've had a dozen or so in those years... I think it's a shame that they wrecked so many Chargers & other muscle car era cars making a TV show but I watched it & still watch the occasional rerun on late-nite TV... I do prefer to see them in almost any other form other than a "want -to- be General Lee" , but it's the builders choice to go in that direction not mine.

I used to watch the "Dukes" once in a while even though I was just out of HS. I loved it because of the Charger. I hated to see them wrecked, but they were just old cars back then and the muscle car collecting was just getting started. Just think of of the all the great cars that were wrecked, destroyed over the years that got crunched in junk yards, it's sickening too. I'm glad to see replica's driving around, rather that than in the " grave yard in the sky". If it was not for "Bullitt" I wouldn't be building an "Assasins" replica but a General Lee clone. I guess I am guilty too for promoting the destruction of the Charger,since they destroyed two in the film.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back