• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get Ready For The Dodge Cuda and a Restyled Charger

Bruzilla

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
http://www.hotrod.com/news/1508-rum...burnout-box-fca-chrysler-dealer-presentation/

001-1999-charger-concept.jpg

• Dodge Barracuda is the downsized Challenger we’ve needed, shown in coupe and convertible form. Is this the right-sized Camaro- and Mustang-fighter to give the Dodge a fighting chance in lightweight ponycar wars?

• Dodge Challenger ADR (American Drag Racer) and T/A variants, depending on your taste in speed. The ADR is alleged to be something of a super Hellcat for the strip, to compete with models like the Mustang Cobra Jet and COPO Camaro. The T/A is a road-course fighter, to align with the Camaro Z/28 and Mustang GT350 models—possibly.

• Upcoming Dodge Charger will share styling with the 1999 Charger Concept and ride on the Alfa Romeo Giulia’s RWD platform, moving away from the Daimler-Benz-era “LX” platform.

I'm calling BS. That's the 1999 concept Charger.

1999-charger.jpg

Yes, I know, one is a 2 door & one is a 4 door, but it's the same damn car.

I'm calling BS. That's the 1999 concept Charger.

1999-charger.jpg

Yes, I know, one is a 2 door & one is a 4 door, but it's the same damn car.

Yep, a hybrid no less. I saw it in the flesh at the Woodward Dream Cruise.

I'm sorry but a "Dodge Cuda" sounds about as stupid as a "Chevy Mustang" or a "Ford Corvette". Just doesn't work, hope the idea lands flat on it's face!

Old or current - that ugly azz thing should never be produced. :eusa_wall::eusa_wall:

Cut some fat of the challenger if they want to make it a light weight pony car.

YEAH I'D SAY MODIFY THE CURRENT CHALLENGER PLATFORM 1st

Maybe if it was a SRT & not branded as a Dodge,
Cuda/Barracuda then that might be more acceptable too...

Either would be a far better concept/idea,
but I'm not in charge of Chrysler/Fiat or they'd have a 2 dr Charger already too...

Attachments

• 99 Charger RT #3 Dodge Concept Vehicle.jpg
    99 Charger RT #3 Dodge Concept Vehicle.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 698
Say what you want, but in '99 that was a bad looking MoFo! That car with the new Hemi would have a been a winner at the time. :headbang:

I've been ready for a restyled charger since 1970. Still waiting. We got a nice restyled challenger that fits the name and all the attention it gets should be a clue to Fiat about what to do.
If they can't get the look right then don't use the name.

Chargers should only have two doors.

Did you read the poll that Fiat was voted worst car by owners? It won't take long with Fiat leading the way to bring down the Dodge brand.

Chargers should only have two doors.

Did you read the poll that Fiat was voted worst car by owners? It won't take long with Fiat leading the way to bring down the Dodge brand.

fugetaboutit .... :glasses1:

Hey Kid, I agree. I call B.S. Plymouth is gone deal with it. Or bring back the brand, now that would be cool!

Forget the cuda name. It's gone with plymouth. Make a smaller more nimble 2 door charger with the 5.7 hemi base model and a 6.1 in a R/T and the Hellcat motor in a R/T SE version.Then make a Coronet 4 door V-6 with a 2 door version with two engine options. 5.7 hemi in a super bee model and a 6.1 hemi in the R/T version. That would be a tribute to the past!! Make the Challenger the size of the Avenger to take on the mustang/camaro.

Auto Transport Service
Back