• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Pumped-Picking-up my 65 Coronet 500 Tomorrow!

Bryan H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
I have been stoked all day about this purchase. Been a long time coming for the car that used to be only in my dreams. Now's my shot to own one! Just in time for Memorial Day :usflag:

65' Coronet 500 (7).jpg 65' Coronet 500 (5).jpg

Congrats from a fellow owner, that's a Sweet looking coronet. More pics please once you get it. Here's my work in progress.

Coronet rt side.jpg

Nice, eye pleasing color...curious to the additional trim on the side of the car, is this an additional side trim which was a popular update in the era that is aluminum base with slip in molded rubber strips and nicely polished corners? Again, nice...drive carefully ok..

Congrats on landing your dream car, definitely something to be excited about. Looks great

Good for you! Life is is not a dress rehearsal! Realize your dreams! That is one fine automobile!

I would be too...Man that is a beautiful ride....Now thats style!

Nice, eye pleasing color...curious to the additional trim on the side of the car, is this an additional side trim which was a popular update in the era that is aluminum base with slip in molded rubber strips and nicely polished corners? Again, nice...drive carefully ok..
Thanks. Yea, not sure on the side trim either. Haven't seen one with it yet. It does look of high quality. 81K Orig mile car and don't have any door dings. Maybe a good idea as well. The car's orig color was DD1, Lt Blue Poly. Don't know why it didn't go back to that, but in time it will get its orig color.

Well, It's finally home at last! When we pulled up, it was sitting out front waiting. Was a cool shot with all the other hotrods parked around. like back in the day. Now that its home, my garage has "That Smell" You know, that Mopar interior smell, or should I say Heaven:D
I cannot stop looking at it either.
Now to find out how much money it would cost to build a "408" Poly 318? My brother told me the other day, he has a 2x4 intake for it. He kept it from the 59 Coronet he had. it was in the trunk when he bought it. haha. Decisions, decisions.

1965 Coronett 500 (3).jpg 1965 Coronett 500 (2).jpg 1965 Coronett 500 (1).jpg 1965 Coronett 500 (5).jpg

Great looking Coronet. Congrats again and thanks for posting a couple more pics.

Congrats from a fellow owner, that's a Sweet looking coronet. More pics please once you get it. Here's my work in progress.

View attachment 427788
You know, mine may have had the same w/o moulding as yurs. I see screw holes in my wheel openings and a few down below the rocker strip I have on it now. I also have the original 14" hubcaps and the original steering wheel. It has cracks tho. Anyone repair them? I'd like to put it back on. I love them horn rings.

Auto Transport Service
Back