• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting the front 13” Baer brakes on.

Your Baer system is all you’ll ever need, what horsepower are you running? What is your caliper piston size?
I was just joking about running them. I’m going to use their 12” set up with a parking brake once I decide if or when I’m going with a Dana 60.

I’m considering going to the Baer setup that works with 15” wheels. The write up I saw on that kit complained big time about the shim deal.

I kinda don’t want to do doscs on this original car though. I’m concreted about lack of new drums. Not sure what I’ll find when I do the tear down. These brakes don’t feel right and the shop that did a lot of work on the car was a joke. I’ve fixed about everything the last owner had them do. Ive always had good luck in the past getting drums to work well. Glad to see somebody else running their product so I can get some real feedback before I take the leap.
If it’s the same video I watched the guy made way too many measurements. Take your measurements dead center only, then do your math. It was simple and easy but took a few minutes to measure my shims to get it within spec. I used my factory disc spindles which have front mounted calipers. They take 16” brake lines. Back mounted calipers take 12” lines. Wilwood only offers a 11” kit for 70-72 factor disc spindles. Another reason why I went with Baer.

Auto Transport Service
Back