• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

girlfriend

It was mentioned before, but be sure to change the locks on all your doors before your trip.
Have a safe and super trip.
Make the trip results permanent. When you get back, go to the Health Department and list her as a contact for Chlamydia. Tell them you were treated in Hawaii.

Agree with ALL the above. You may never come back from the islands.

Make the trip results permanent. When you get back, go to the Health Department and list her as a contact for Chlamydia. Tell them you were treated in Hawaii.
That my friend is funny as hell.

Of course you don't. Cancel trip. The recommendations are as bad as her answer? It does hurt. And that pain will not suddenly disappear in Hawaii? In fact. Will get worse. Attempting to replace her with someone new will also fail. It almost always does.

I know it's easy for a dumbass like me making recommendations from the cheapseats? But from these cheapseats? Appears that that door closed.
What? You're crazy. Be done with her *** with absolutely no remorse. She's already told the dude that she wants to date other guys. Why should his "pain" only get worse if he goes? He'll have NO problem finding a chic who wants to go with him and fornicate (Ha!Ha!) his brains out the whole trip. In fact, he should make it clear to whoever goes with him that a lot of fornication (there's that word again) is part of the deal.

PS-I don't have a degree in nurturing personal relationships so my view may be somewhat opinionated.

Last edited:
The bottom line here is and will always be, 27 years difference. It was fun for awhile, but let's all move into the world of reality.

The bottom line here is and will always be, 27 years difference. It was fun for awhile, but let's all move into the world of reality.
yes. That's where the conundrum is for me.
Intellectually I get it. I knew she wouldn't always be mine. I always thought that once we moved past the romance, we could stay in each others lives. We could gather together with each of our new partners and always remain close friends. I wish that I had a switch to flip to be able to do that. At the moment, that seems a long way off for me

If you got a lady and you want her gone
But you ain't got the guts
She keeps naggin' at you night and day
Enough to drive ya nuts
Pick up the phone
Leave her alone
It's time you made a stand
For a fee
I'm happy to be
Your back door man

What would really suck big time...you both go to Hawaii, she tells you how sorry she is and she will change ...lets start over again Sweetheart...you fall for her again...and she says ''How about if we get Married here in Hawaii Sweetheart?'' You take your new Bride back to the States...then she tells you she wants a divorce...and 50% of your stuff.:eek:
On to your Life's next Chapter.

Last edited:
yes. That's where the conundrum is for me.
Intellectually I get it. I knew she wouldn't always be mine. I always thought that once we moved past the romance, we could stay in each others lives. We could gather together with each of our new partners and always remain close friends. I wish that I had a switch to flip to be able to do that. At the moment, that seems a long way off for me
And there is the heart of the problem. Until you understand men and women can never be friends you will have major relationship problems. The girl grew up and moved on, you should too. No more contact with her, no chicken **** get even bullshit, cherish the good times, she was a gift, grow up, move on.

Don't bother with her ! Go alone as a single guy have fun bring a buddy with you

Take her over there, hang onto her return ticket. Get what you need and fly back alone.

Since every one above has covered this from all angles, take the hit on the airfare and cancel the trip. Put the monies saved back into your account or little envelope in the house and wait til the next nice woman walks into your life and when everything seems to be right after awhile, reschedule that trip. If not, send me the monies and I will make sure I get some really nice components for my car.:rolleyes:
But definitely do not take the ex on this trip. She doesn't deserve squat from you anymore. Good luck.

12 years isn't that great a gap and your relationship with your wife and the situation the OP writes about is like comparing apples to oranges.
The whole thread posted is nonsense BS and I have little patience for it.
You and your wife have a loving relationship, which from what you've made public in the past and is built on trust and commitment.
I’m sure they do but I still hope she never finds out about the golf girl! I’ve got to mention the good taste in women again!

100% DISAGREE

My wife and I have been best friends for almost 20 years.

It absolutely is possible.

You just can't settle for whatever/whoever comes along.

Personalities/Characters run the gamut. Not to call anyone out here specifically, but in general there is no denying that a certain percentage of us are married to or partnered up with sociopaths. Then there is a certain percentage who fall into finding the perfect soulmate. Most of us fall in between. You never know what you are in for.

I will bring up something.
In post #1 the op says she called it quits but would still go to HI.
We have been bashing on her but hell she did tell him before the trip.
Alot of gals would have waited till they returned.
I got to give her credit for that.

Auto Transport Service
Back