• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glad to be going Mopar!

Going Mopar

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Kind of funny how I got started but will give you the highlights of Going Mopar!. Always have been a GM guy with a bunch of 66 Super Sport Chevelles and GTOs until I was with my friend tom and he had offered his 69 Hemi engine for sale to a guy, which surprised me that he was selling it. Lucky for me the guys wife said no and I instantly said I would take it. Had it built and needed a car to put it in and I found a clean 69 Coronet close to home and now its a running and almost on the road driving car. I put a Dana 60 to go with the 4 speed tranny and now on the home stretch on driving it. Its easy to see the fascination with these cars and glad to be going mopar!

Welcome to the dark side, my Dad was a transformed Chevy guy. Once he saw the light it was all over!

Welcome to the site and the dark side. I was a Chevy fan (Pontiac trans ams) till I got my *** handed to me by a road runner , can't beat them join them right .anyways that's a hell of a combo you have let's see some pics .

Another convert! welcome! life is grand in MoPar-land!!

im just glad you didn't try to stuff that Hemi in a Camaro lol

Welcome! lets see some pics!!

Welcome, now you can hold your head up high lol
Sound like a nice ride, post a few pics for us.

I was never brand specific...I drove whatever I gravitated to, corvettes, mustangs, chevelles, firebirds, Camaros,Buicks...it wasn't until about 4 years ago that I realized I never had a mopar...or a big block. My co-workers husband (now one of my close friends) has a 70 Charger R/T 440 pistol grip 4spd, a 70 Road Runner 440, a 76 duster that he races...so he helped me buy my 1st mopar.
As I went into the local car show circuit...I realized the types of people that usually attached themselves to certain brands...(yes I am generalizing/judging) not all...but usually-the die hard Camaro/Pontaic guys,etc. tended to be standoffish...I got hooked by having something that is not "every other car" at a show...unless it's a mopar show lol. AND I got hooked by the family feel of the mopar guys. Being the black sheep has always been okay with me...
So welcome...there are some great guys and tons of information/advice to go along with it!

Welcome to the b bodies! Was a Pontiac man myself. Mopars will grow on you for sure. Love to see that hemi.

Welcome to the Darkside & to FBBO...LOL

good luck with the 69 Coronet Hemi 4 speed project

welcome to FBBO glad to have you keep us posted on your progress

Still learning this site and did post a few picks on another thread, only bad part is the pics are side ways for some reason and will try again

Going Mopar or Going no where. Glad you made it here. Question, were did the 69 Hemi motor come out of.
Cheers and Beers

Auto Transport Service
Back