• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glad to come back home

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoparlady

Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
I am glad to come home.My dad's funeral went very good Friday.Lot of time down there well spent seeing people I have known for a long time.The funeral,it was tough for my mom to say goodbye to my dad for the last time.Also did get a flag folded up handed to her,dad did 8 years in the Army and she is going to have it framed up.I am starting to get over it,he is in heaven looking down now.I have a whole bunch of things coming up I inherited coming,read his will Thursday morning.6 of them are firearms,3 handguns,2 rifles and a shot gun.These are being dealt with a gun dealer with a federal firearms license and I called the local gun dealer I deal with whom has this license too.He has the serial numbers off of every one of them already.Did inherit his toolbox full of tools,a few mopar signs,Hank Williams J records and CDs and Dukes Of Hazzard collection.Brought back one piece myself,a confederate flag.I have a sister in law that hate that flag and would destroy it.Part of my southern heritage that doesn't need to be destroyed.

Dad also got me to be a cowgirl,taught me to ride a horse when I was 10 years old.Thought of this song right away and helping me out,

Glad your home,you never get over it but it does get easier as the days,years go by. 4 years later and I still miss my wife. I dont see a problem with the flag its history. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Stay strong and keep the faith.

Hoping you inherited a camera to take photos of the cars you have and post em up!

:xscuseless:

When my dad died,I had to come down.One of those rifles was my hunting rifle,a 30.06 that I killed 8 deer with.Dad knew that would be mine if he ever went

Last edited:
Don’t think I ever heard B&D do that song before, thanks. With you& better-half, the firearms aren’t going anywhere I’m sure! It all gets a little better,kinda!, after awhile. Semper Fi. Jeff.

The grief will come and go. The damndest things will set it off. Memories, things you read. But it does get better with time. This reminds me I do need to get home and see mom. Its been over a year.

I brought home two snap on ratchets home too.They were my dad's,he bought them while he was in the Army.A 3/8 drive and a 1/2 drive,did find a dealer after breaking two cheap ratchets.Both needed a kit,my dealer wanted to replace them and told him no today.Told him sentimental value,they were my dad's and has the ratchet repair kits on order.They were his go to ratchets.

I am glad to come home.My dad's funeral went very good Friday.Lot of time down there well spent seeing people I have known for a long time.The funeral,it was tough for my mom to say goodbye to my dad for the last time.Also did get a flag folded up handed to her,dad did 8 years in the Army and she is going to have it framed up.I am starting to get over it,he is in heaven looking down now.I have a whole bunch of things coming up I inherited coming,read his will Thursday morning.6 of them are firearms,3 handguns,2 rifles and a shot gun.These are being dealt with a gun dealer with a federal firearms license and I called the local gun dealer I deal with whom has this license too.He has the serial numbers off of every one of them already.Did inherit his toolbox full of tools,a few mopar signs,Hank Williams J records and CDs and Dukes Of Hazzard collection.Brought back one piece myself,a confederate flag.I have a sister in law that hate that flag and would destroy it.Part of my southern heritage that doesn't need to be destroyed.
download (23).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back