• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glad to be here!! And could use some help...

ramairthree

Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
Stoked to finally be a RR owner, just got a 74! sure, these years don't get much of the love, but I sure like them!

I was conceived in the back of a 65 TriPower GTO, came home from the hospital in a 68 442, and the frist car I remember riding in was Mom's 69 Daytona (which we sold around 76, long gone before it was valuable)

our1969daytona.gif

Anyways, I picked up a 74 RR off the sales forum, base V8 car but interesting options.

I really need some interior pics from 73/74 roadrunners and satellites. front, back, sides, headliner, the works for interior pics. not much when searching the internet coming up.

Yes, I am both glad it was a sunroof car and HATE that it is. It may not be working, but it sure is leaking. I may end up using some ultra black gasket maker if I can't get it to stop leaking.

149.gif

042.gif

looking for a manual sunroof spindle handle

believe it or not I had a windshield installed for 190 total and looking for upper trim. I looked at a restoration catalog and they wanted more than that just for the glass before shipping.

200.jpg

Well, I am trying to sort of some parts,

think I have a correct driver's side door handle and bolt

DSCN4342.jpg

but not sure what the handle on the right is for.

I really need interior pics.

It has some wood grain, luxury interior codes, but not sure if I have all the right panels.

Does anyone recognize this as right door panels?

036.gif

is that a satellite emblem, red white and blue? same as RR or should I have a different symbol?

044.gif

are these the right upper and lower rear panels? I am not sure. I am also looking for sails.

I think the rear seat is right

040.gif

057.jpg

are these 73 front RR buckets or something else? Are frames and foam same so 74 seat covers will fit over them?

039.gif

codes
RM21:
Plymouth Belvedere,Satellite
Medium, Road Runner
2 Door Coupe

G4G: 318 1-2BBL 8 CYL 1974
St. Louis, MO, US

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel D34:
Light Duty Automatic Transmission
TX9: Black Exterior Color
DCX9: Trim - Luxury, Black
000: Full Door Panels
A12
TX9: Black Top Color
U: USA Specifications
A88: Interior Decor Group
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C56: Bucket Seats

G54: Outside LH Remote Chrome Racing Mirror
G64: Outside RH Manual Chrome Racing Mirror
G74: Dual Chrome Racing Mirrors
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
J54: Sport Hood
M52: SUNROOF
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V8R: Tranverse Stripes, Red
V9R: Hood Stripes, Red

anyways, I also need the passenger chrome mirror,
and the inserts that go into the hood inserts (look like vents or something?)

It also needs exhaust, a little body work, front end rebuilt, gas tank, paint, tires, lots of electrical to sort out, and a whole lot more I have not figured out yet, but I finally have a RR since drooling over one when I was in grade school.

I think it had really cool options except for having the base V8. I just got my hands on the car today and have not yanked the valve covers to check casting numbers, but it is supposed to have 360 heads, and has a 4bbl intake with edelbrock carb.

oh yeah, heater core hoses are looped off, how much of a pain is changing one out on this, any better or worse than typcial?

035.gif

012.gif

062.gif

001.jpg

105.jpg

073.gif

Is there supposed to be some trim between the rear bumper and trunk?

049.jpg

053.jpg

030.gif

i think all the pics i just used were by previous owner, I can get some more of my own soon, the card is full.

are the headlight bezels and grill supposed to be chrome or blacked out?

014.jpg

have not taken anything apart yet, hoping underbody and floor pans are not more than surface rust, feels pretty solid.

seen them go for less, seen them go for a lot more.
I just want to get it on the road where it belongs. Glad to be here and thanks for any help!

Looks like a kool car!, love to have a sunroof car at some point. That other door handle looks like an E-body.

welcome like the car,used to have one.I believe there is to be a rubber trim between the trunk and bumper. the grille is s'posed to be argent and the headlight bezel are s'posed to be chrome.

Welcome. Wow, your MOM had a Daytona - that is some cool heritage! Not too many people can say that, I bet. Great pic of it, too - love looking at those old candid shots.

Welcome and nice car. Got something like that myself.
Question, if you were convieved in a 65 Goat and came home in a 68 Olds, does that mean your mom was pregnant for three years? Is she still pissed?

Welcome and nice car. Got something like that myself.
Question, if you were convieved in a 65 Goat and came home in a 68 Olds, does that mean your mom was pregnant for three years? Is she still pissed?

No. Good one.
Only the regular 9 months.

The goat was four years out from the assembly line by the time I was born.
Which, driven by teenagers and guys in their early 20s was very old for a car made back then. They got a great deal on a 68 442 just before the 69s were due to hit the lots and in time for me to come home in.

Its nuts how many cars they had from 68 to 76. These cars were priced way lower in comparison to the salaries of the times than a new Camaro or Challenger are now.

Not counting work pick up trucks, dirt circle track car,..

66 to 68- 65 GTO
68-70- 68 442
70-71- 70 Chevelle SS454 74-75 69 Z28
71-76- 69 Daytona (bought new off lot with 400 miles on odometer!)

He worked at the local gas station and she waited tables on the weekends mornings.

Can you imagine how much more it would take now to have owned a 2006 GTO for 2 years, then a new Mustang GT or something for 2 years, then a base Corvette new for a year, then a new SRT8 Challenger for 5 years and also have a 2010 SS Camaro for a year or two the same time you have the Challenger.

I dont think you could do it going from town to town holding up the local gas stations!

Anyways, thanks for the welcome.

I would still love to see all the interior pics of your 73s and 74s, I need to sort mine out.

Auto Transport Service
Back