• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

glass

BIGBLOCKTONY

Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score

hey folks i was wondering if there is anyway too referbish side glass for a charger, not mine but a buddy of mine has a 69 r/t with factory tint and the side glass is scratched from the window wiskers being bad, and he asked me if i know anybody that does that, i told him i know they do house glass but unsure of automotive, i told him i would ask the experts at fbbo

There are polishing kits on the market for auto glass and he can do it himself at home.

kit

i remember seeing those for headlights and soforth
but the scratches are pretty intense

run it through a wood planer...see what happens....hahaha...jk
those headlamp kits might be worth a try
you can get smoked reproduction glass from a few companies

You can get the kits for glass, not the ones for the plastic headlight lenses.

General rule of thumb is if you can catch it with a fingernail, it's probably too deep to take out with a glass polish/repair kit. Problem is once you start digging in too deep you'll distort the leveling of the glass. You'll end up with the old lead glass look.

glass distortion...

Problem is once you start digging in too deep you'll distort the leveling of the glass.​

I know what you mean.... I ended up with a prescription windshield once.​

try one of the companies who fills cracks, maybe they can do something with it!

Auto Transport Service
Back