• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gonna need some help!

kawmagnum

Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
IMG_1264.jpeg
Much of body and power train are done. Need a steering wheel and brakes straightened out. Manual front discs rear drums but lots of pressure to stop.

What do ya need? Help with brakes? And welcome to the site!!

does your front disc drag? Jack the wheel up and see. My Bee same set up hard pedal and disc dragged and it was a bad proportion valve.

If the rear of the MC is plumbed to that deal it is probably some type of line lock type device since that is the reservoir for the front brakes.

The MC you have looks decent but it all depends on what type of brakes you have. You should try and get the casting number off the MC (underneath it probably) and then you can figure out what size bore/piston it has and then you can determine if that is appropriate for the types of brakes you have.

WTF?

Manual disk was IIRC not an option on 73/74 B but was on A body.

That looks like a later model MC or one from a conversion kit.

ALL of those MCs (except the kit specific) were on power boosters.

MC bore is the main reason for ease of pedal pressure or lack thereof.

Not sure why your distribution valve is inside the car...

You may want to consider starting from scratch with correct factory parts.

Shouldn't be terribly hard to find or expensive.

That looks like a later model MC or one from a conversion kit.
ALL of those MCs (except the kit specific) were on power boosters.
My 74 D100 had a MC that looked like that one and the truck was non power booster and had disc brakes. Pedal pressure was good.

I believe there are two different bore sizes for those MC units.

I like that setup, but I think I'll try using the reds for a little more octane!
Lol. That’s platinum, the highest octane out there. Stopped me from sucking eggs. Haven’t had a beer in 4 years. They made me fall down a lot. Lol

Lol. That’s platinum, the highest octane out there. Stopped me from sucking eggs. Haven’t had a beer in 4 years. They made me fall down a lot. Lol
Lol

For what it's worth, I've had quite the number of 73 and 74s and I've never seen a proportioning valve inside the cabin.

I should have also added that my most recent one was a 73 SSP with a P code 4 speed, which had manual disc brakes and non power steering.....I had never seen either of those on a 73 or 74 until then, but it's possible it had been converted at some point, even though it was an original paint matching numbers car.....I never found a build sheet to verify.

Auto Transport Service
Back