• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Machine Shop - Central Iowa

MoparHusker

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a good, trustworthy and reasonably priced machine shop in Central Iowa. OST likely will be rebuilding the 440, so will need it tanked, honed/bored, line honed and decked. Just want to make sure they do good work and hopefully at a reasonable price. Who have you used and were you happy with the results?

Thank you!
Allan

Looking for a good, trustworthy and reasonably priced machine shop in Central Iowa. OST likely will be rebuilding the 440, so will need it tanked, honed/bored, line honed and decked. Just want to make sure they do good work and hopefully at a reasonable price. Who have you used and were you happy with the results?

Thank you!
Allan
Arnold Motors in Carroll, for machine shop work around here. Same guys have been in their shop for years. Nothing exotic, just good , clean, work.
Fort Dodge transmission in Fort Dodge for trans work if needed.

I can't help you with central Iowa even though I lived there for a few years... but many engines all over the midwest get sent to the Horsepower Genie in Falls City, Nebraska. Talk to Thad.
I know it's a few hours from you but reasonable and he loves mopars, he has a Honing plate for big blocks, can balance and do everything mentioned on your list and will treat you right...and did I say loves mopars :D. Many have came much farther then central Iowa.
I also am familiar with a few quality shops in Omaha...but they are not reasonable in price.:eek:

It’s nice to hear that there are still good shops around. They are like blacksmiths members of an elite group that are fading away.

Matt Steen/Victory Motors in Marshall, MN does it all also. He also races a very fast Super Stock sb mopar.

Thank you for the replies. One of my friends also suggested Arnolds in Carroll. My bother suggested Arnolds in Ames. I have used them before, a number of years ago. Just was not sure if there might be other options out there.

thanks again!

Grawmonbecks in Mason City does a lot of Mopar. Dyno service as well. Performance Auto in Waterloo does a nice job They have a few older guys that work there and Dan Hedges assembling. He has a long history with Mopars. They have a dyno as well. Reasonable prices.

Auto Transport Service
Back