• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Good used 318 points style distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peabodyracin

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Got a mid 80's 3/4 ton Dodge plow truck with 318 in it. Great truck, but a couple times last winter it let me down (of course when I needed to plow) and wouldn't start. No spark. The next day I'd go back to try it again and it'd start right up.

I'd done some research back then and apparently this has a one year only electronic ignition setup in it. I've checked everything I can think of and haven't come up with an obvious problem. I've concluded my best solution is to just put a points style distributor in it and be done. My simple mind can comprehend a points style ignition. I thought for once in my life I'd get this sorted out BEFORE the cold weather is upon me.

So looking for a good used distributor please. Not worried about breaker points, rotor or cap, but if they happen to be attached that's fine too. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back