• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a TQ problem

Well guess if know one has any actual knowledge I will just have to figure it out on my own.
Thanks everyone for the twenty questions.

New primary "O" rings have been installed. Even checked the thickness same .06 as the old ones. All passages have been checked.
Did you use the factory 'X' rings? Some cheaper kits only have 'o' rings and they don't work well.
Q1746-wl.jpg

This is not my first TQ by the way. Been messing them and their problems for years.

Yet here you are.

Let's recap - It does not work because of something you've done. Maybe none of us can help you because when we work on our carbs they run better, not worse. I wasn't there, so I just don't know what you screwed-up. Well, I actually have a couple of ideas, but, I'm just not feelin the love....

Yes and yes. Sure wish people could read. That was all in my original post.
Now back to what the heck happened to the primaries.
No need in being rude to people who are only trying to help you...

Did you use the factory 'X' rings? Some cheaper kits only have 'o' rings and they don't work well.
View attachment 1130747
Yes and I have measured the thickness of both the new and old. Those were my first thought. I may find some foil and modelers clay and check the actual space. But not sure why that would change.

Auto Transport Service
Back