• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got hit in a parking lot by my boss!

7ate9

Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Well, I stayed late at work last friday night so I could use the lift to put a fuel sending unit in my girlfriends stupid '98 Buick Lesabre with a half a million miles... At about 8:30 my boss heads out the door, then at about 8:31 I hear a loud crash.. My first thought was that better have not have been the Roadrunner. I look out the door, sure enough, my bosses Suburban is backed up against the front of the Roadrunner. It tweaked the bumper around, stove up the passenger side fender, rolled the front edge of the hood a little and bent the headlight bezel a little bit. Nothing too major, but still a pain in the butt. I'll get some pictures of the damage on here later. I know how we all feel about a thread without pictures...
:worthless_thread:

So, I already posted in the parts wanted section, but I figured more of you would see it here and maybe some of you would like to share in my misery or if you're real sick in the head have a laugh at my misfortune.. hahah anyways, if anyone has a right front fender, front bumper or headlight bezel for a '69 Roadrunner that they wanted to sell that would be great!

He is, he said he would take care of it. Wether he's paying out of his pocket or we're filing an insurance claim, I don't know, I'm leaving that totally up to him. But we're definitely getting a bumper and a fender and hopefully I can get him to pay for my labor to fix it without too much trouble if he decides to pay for it out of his pocket.
We're definitely gonna jump right on it and get it fixed soon though, nothing good will come out of it sitting around not getting fixed hahaha luckily I hadn't finished the body work and painted it yet and I can do the repairs myself.

That sucks big time but sounds like you both have a good attitude about it. Glad it's just sheet metal damage.

I had a 68 Mustang GT that got rear ended by some kids in a Toyota pick up and it only did minor damage to my car. The insurance payoff was enough for me to kick off the restoration project, which I was going to do anyway. It all worked out well in the end.

Good luck to you... That is rough, hope you make out good.

It does suck, but fortunately it wasn't bad enough that we cant keep driving it in the meantime. I'm also pretty glad I haven't done any body work up front yet hahah
I talked to my boss today and he decided to go to his insurance company to keep from anyone getting hurt feelings over paying for the damages.
Meep-Meep, we were in a simliar situation a few years ago with my father's '68 Camaro after I put the thing into a telephone pole. The insurance company wrote for a little over12k in damage and we saved enough money doing the work ourselves to buy two perfect N.O.S. fenders, rather than just replacing the one that was damaged. Had the engine rebuilt. We upgraded to power steering and power disc brakes. All without spending a ton more than what we got from the insurance check. So, we made out pretty well on that one I guess

i hope his insurance company doesnt total out your car.....that would suck. Might have to get it appraised.

Usually, if they total your car, you can buy it back from them for 25% of the value. Say they figure your car is worth $12k and total it - you can keep the car and get $9k. If you do a lot of your own work, that may be the best deal.

This might be a future black mail item.... someday way in the future when he's been havin a bad day and decides to fire you, you can go "Uhhh Bill, remember back when you crunched my RR and tore all my hard work to bits, had me crying and everything? I didn't try to destroy your life, why do you wanna mess with mine?" Naw, just teasing, but sorry to hear about your bad luck

hahah it's not gonna total, it only did $2-3k at best.

My wonderful wife backed into the Super Bee with her Durango (in the driveway). It was nowhere near as bad as what you describe. I have since sold the Bee, and her Durango still has R4 red paint on the bumper.

My orange 76 Aspen got sideswiped in the school parking lot, no note or anything. I didn't have the money to fix it. My mom sideswiped the other side in the driveway at home. She agreed to give me cash based on an estimate from a shop she knew. I found a cheap body shop, got both sides fixed for the price of one. Problem was the paint faded with in a year and matched exactly the U-Haul trailer I used to move when I graduated! I then figured out where they got the paint...

Heard back from his insurance company today. They wrote for $2,014. for repairs. It's a little less than what I estimated and hoped for but close enough that I'm happy with it. I think we might replace both front fenders with the money I'm gonna save by doing the repair myself. That way it'll have two brand new fenders on it. So, If any of you are looking for a decent original driver's side fender for a '69 let me know! I might have one coming up for sale. I'll even fix what little rust there is on it if someone is interested.

Heard back from his insurance company today. They wrote for $2,014. for repairs. It's a little less than what I estimated and hoped for but close enough that I'm happy with it. I think we might replace both front fenders with the money I'm gonna save by doing the repair myself. That way it'll have two brand new fenders on it. So, If any of you are looking for a decent original driver's side fender for a '69 let me know! I might have one coming up for sale. I'll even fix what little rust there is on it if someone is interested.
why would you replace a decent OE fender with a china made one ???? give original metal all day long when its avalible ????

why would you replace a decent OE fender with a china made one ???? give original metal all day long when its avalible ????

well, the OE fender that's on the car has a patch that was done before we bought it on the top in the rear that was very poorly done. So, rather than fussing with that and sandblasting the fender and whatnot I figured it'd be easier to replace it while I had the opportunity.
Everything I've read about the fenders that AMD sells is very positive. I read on a different forum that the fenders sold by AMD are very nice quality. They said that they had good gaps to the doors and hood and the lines were crisp and straight.
I do understand your concern though. I work restoring cars for a living and I'm always skeptical about aftermarket parts because most of the time they are not nearly as nice a OEM parts.
Plus, I'm gonna have one aftermarket fender, might as well have the other fender match it hahah

Auto Transport Service
Back