• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my heads back today.....yahoo!!!

Red63440

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
There is nothing like seeing your parts come together to fulfill a dream. Just need a few more small parts and then its time to get er done! 2.08's and 1.74's...need a good factory thermostat housing and a complete 67 non-A/C alternator bracket set..other years may fit.

:upside down:

Attachments

• P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 357
  • P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 359
  • P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 348
Getting head is always good! :D

Thats true but high compression can put you in the hospital!!!!:yes:

Naaaw, high compression is good if you know how to deal with it!! :)

I think it would depend on the size of the orface and the flow:yes:

very nice red. i had great results with a set of 915's years ago. those closed chambered heads can flow quite a bit. good luck.

Thank you Chris....

Lookin' good there Red!! 915's are the way to go if you ask me.

Can't emphasise the importance of a good stem seal lest you run the risk of fluid loss and leakage down the shaft.......

Now take some Dykem Blue, liquid is what I like to use, and outline the area around the combustion chamber. Let it dry then lay em on the block they are going on and two bolt them without a gasket. The block is bare right? Take a scribe and trace out the cylinder around the surface of the head. How much of the combustion chamber overhangs the block? Take a die grinder and chamfer the parts that overhang the cylinder. Yeah, it'll reduce compression a tiny bit but this helps to unshroud the cylinder AND valves and will help produce a better airflow and you'll never notice any change in compression. I like to do this procedure before doing the valve work but after they've been decked....but you can still do it. Just do a good cleaning after. Btw, most heads overhang the cylinder on the sides of the valves....front and rear areas on each chamber.

Cranky, engine is still in the car and the plan is to tear the top end down and replace the cam, lifters, heads, intake, carb and exhaust manifold, oh and the oil pan. I really wasn't planing on taking it down to the bare block at this time. Wouldn't I get real close to what you are talking about if I laid the head gasket on the head and scribe around it?

Drakes In Rochester, NY. Very respected Mopar engine people... The owner has owned several Hemi cars including the Hemi E body he has now. In this area they are the go to people for Mopars.

Cranky, engine is still in the car and the plan is to tear the top end down and replace the cam, lifters, heads, intake, carb and exhaust manifold, oh and the oil pan. I really wasn't planing on taking it down to the bare block at this time. Wouldn't I get real close to what you are talking about if I laid the head gasket on the head and scribe around it?
The gaskets are usually larger than the bore and are not perfectly round either. Lay them on the block and you'll see exactly how they line up...but, if you have another block laying around....? It's not something that's going to rob a ton of power but what it's all about is the total picture. If you do all you can do to make your engine perform better and 'touch' all areas possible, it all adds up. I also like to smooth all sharp edges just to make sure no hot spots arise. It's not going to produce more power but mainly helps prevent the engine from losing any if a hot spot happens and causes pre-ignition.

Auto Transport Service
Back