• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Fall 2015

Tony,
Your wasting your time , they have made up their minds and it is what it is. On the other hand they are actually helping GYC's.. this Forum has had 13,702 views!

Yup! Everyone loves to watch a good train wreck as it goes up in flames ! :yes: Hopefully the views this thread is getting is educating everyone about the quality of stuff that GYC puts out.

Yup! Everyone loves to watch a good train wreck as it goes up in flames ! :yes: Hopefully the views this thread is getting is educating everyone about the quality of stuff that GYC puts out.

i think that's why I come back here to watch this train wreck!!!!

Hemi*guy,

You must be confused...... Watching and posting are two separate things. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Stu,

Think of all the wasted time you are saving that way ! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that there are 2 opposing dynamics regarding your OE interpretation. OE stands for "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". There is a VERY small representation of cars that truly fall into that category.

Then there is EIOE. It stands for "ERRONEOUS INTERPRETATION of ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". That represents the majority of what is currently being passed off as OE.

ECS,

Thank you for clarifying that. I was only aware of one OE class.

I guess that is like what happens during an investigation in my field of work. What was "said to have happened" and what "REALLY happened". lol

Hemi*guy,

- - - Updated - - -

Stu,

Tasteful Humor along with Truth!!

Thanks Tony D!

Since it isn’t their own cars that they restore, they are dealing with the cars that customers have brought to them for restorations. There are a few cool a-bodies there that will be getting restored soon. I know of a 69 383 cuda, 67 or 68 Barracuda convertible, a 340 Demon I believe and a 68 GTS Dart 340 convertible. They are all in line waiting for their turn to come up.

What they are showing is more factual to how restoration shops are run, it would be impossible to restore 1 car at a time, so the way the format is now is more true to form showing different cars all being worked on the same time at different steps in their restoration process.

That would be hard to do as filming is months prior to when the episode airs on tv

They have millions of fans and viewers, and it’s very difficult to please all of them/us, I know that Mark and the production crew tirelessly try to figure out what is wanted and what works versus what doesn’t. They have come a very long way from where they started and moved forward leaps and bounds, but the one thing for sure they have figured is that no matter what they do that they can’t please everyone.

I’m sure they will never be perfect for everyone, but the show is very good, I think it has done leaps and bounds for exposing our beloved Mopars to the masses and hopefully get more respect and exposure to the world, which can only be a good thing for all of us.

But take this into consideration, how many other television shows do you actually get input from the cast and or producers of the show on a forum like is?
None that I can think of, but I think that speaks volumes of how much they do care.

Awesome sauce

Poop box yeah that was it lmao :headbang:

Well I am sure glad some A bodys are coming up. and can certainly understand the restrictions on filming etc. But hey here's an Idea, you have a blog and a youtube channel that is wide open how much time would it take to edit together a build start to finish? Just a thought I know I would sit there and watch the heck out of even it was in back to back parts. I just want an hour long look at a build from start to finish and yes with all the fine details in it too, call me spoiled it's Mark's fault gotta have more dam it! more!

So a couple of things - this is just my opinion, "other types of mopars" I know it's what customers bring in like you said but I can only imagine Mark has the means to search out and find some pretty cool cars on his own? If he did and built them he could always sell them after. Does every car have to be one that a customer brought in? I think what I'm hinting at is jeeps and trucks maybe oddball stuff, yes maybe out of Mark's wheelhouse but try one see if it works all the parts can be had. Maybe too boring?

With that respect, Mark feels that if you want the mods on the car - do it after it leaves his shop. It's just not his specialty.
Purist, nothing wrong with that makes me have more respect for him. I would hate to think that a snot nosed web weasels like myself with no real knowledge could have an influence ;) after all I did volunteer to come up there and work for free sweeping the floors just see to shop :)

You guys are doing a great job, but like any audience we will get bored fast. sometimes simple change ups is all it takes to keep the attraction alive.

Like I said you have a web site you have youtube you have other means to get the details or refined or longer version of builds out to the public use them, However one thing I noticed about what you have already isn't coming through as much like advertising, meaning when you do have new content posted somewhere tell us about it and not just on facebook but send out an email blast, I saw the Sema one today it was perfect. Advertise more it will help.
But it doesn't mean we couldn't be better at it. One of the things I'm implementing in the new season we about to shoot is vignettes that introduce the car we're working on. It's a 30 second to 1 minute blurb about the car, where it came from, and why it's here. Additionally, while they are working on whatever they are working on, we're going to have specific "Learning Opportunities" with the goal of connecting their task with Mopar history.

Yes lol was that the one Mark called Wayne of chasing classic cars Wayne the weenie? lmao
Have you watched Season 1?

Thanks!

He just has a problem with Royal's "poop box" car. Mark hates the color of it. I personally think it's rather nice. Very executive looking - it would please me :p

I hear what you are saying and all I can say is from experience, Mark doesn't have a problem with custom builds if they don't have issues. If they show up, everything is pre-made to make it work, then he doesn't have a problem with it (for the most part). The thing is, he's a OE guy - that's where his skill set is - if something goes wrong he knows how to fix it. With mods, if it goes wrong, he has to determine if its the mod or something else - it's a hassle he's not charging the customer for and in the end, if something goes wrong, who's the customer going to blame?

An example is video-games. There is a reason mods are not "officially" supported by game developers/distributors. Yes, they can make the game 100x better - but if they crash the videogame, the end user isn't going to blame the mod developer, he isn't going to blame himself for downloading the mod, he's going to email the support team who created the video game.

With that respect, Mark feels that if you want the mods on the car - do it after it leaves his shop. It's just not his specialty.

Here is the thing - I totally agree with you. Seeing work done on several cars an episode can be difficult. I'd love it so much to be able to focus on one car per-episode. Unfortunately, we're an independent production company that pre-sells the show to networks at a fraction of what it normally costs to produce say a television show like B!tchin Rides. This restricts us on how long we can film for. One thing you will see this season is we have "Special" episodes that will air that do cover the entire restoration of key cars. For example, Episode 21 which airs 12/9 covers the entire restoration of the Hemi Orange 340 Cuda from beginning to it's reveal. The same thing happens for our 440 Six Pack Challenger, and our 70 Hemi Charger.

But in the ideal world, we'd shoot for an entire year before we even begin editing episodes, and we'd make each episode about that particular car's build. But for GYC, we've got to shoot, edit, and deliver the Season in six months and there is no way to fully restore one care let alone four cars in that amount of time.

But it doesn't mean we couldn't be better at it. One of the things I'm implementing in the new season we about to shoot is vignettes that introduce the car we're working on. It's a 30 second to 1 minute blurb about the car, where it came from, and why it's here. Additionally, while they are working on whatever they are working on, we're going to have specific "Learning Opportunities" with the goal of connecting their task with Mopar history.

Mark does admit that he's wrong, it will just take a season to see him to admit it. For example, it Season 4A that aired in 2014, he unwittingly bashed the person who restored the rare Hemi Coronet. This currently season, when speaking about the restoration - he points out what's wrong but reminds the audience that for what was available back then, the guy who restored it did a great job.

There have been many moments like this where Mark will correct himself - you just have to be an avid watcher. :)

I can confirm that there are ZERO Superbirds and Daytona's being restored in the season currently airing. As far as the Cuda's and R/T Challengers - I think the draw to these cars is you are seeing different aspects to their restorations. For example, for our Sunroof Challenger (which returns with a nasty surprise in the Nov. 25th episode *wink *wink), we focused primarily on the Sunroof build aspect. This season, we focus on the 440 Engine and the Paint Markings, and in a later episode, we compare it with a 2014 Challenger (one of my favorite episodes by the way).

I can confirm that Season 5 you'll be introduced to a lot of GTX in the early episodes. But ultimately, as Tony said, we restore the cars that the customers send us.

Thanks man, I couldn't agree. I've seen some horrific things done to create the appearance of a Mopar back on the road in other shows Ill not name - and even I (who really isn't the big of a car nut) can't help but shake my head.

We can't please everyone, but we try really hard. We are after all, the only Mopar only car show out there. We want Mopar fans to enjoy it as that's who we're making it for.

Have you watched Season 1? If we can get away with that, we can do anything and be just fine. :p

GYC, AzzMonkey, Counting Cars.... in my opinion have raised undue cost to our hobby with the big money boys

I agree and to be honest out of all of these shows, I like Dave Kindig's (Bitchin' Rides) style the best for custom work. When I hit the lottery he will get my call.

Lmao let me know if you need a medic!

The bad news is I have C.O.P.D., after that post the good news is I have an inhaler!!!

Gary

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL thats funny right there.

I have always wonder how a completely OE car or truck that has not been touched, then gets a full restoration can be then called a OE restoration? Would seem to me that it's just a restoration, to restore what it once looked like but not what it actually is? Also to that point has anyone ever restored a complete car or truck fixing all the original stuff and not just replacing it?

Keep in mind that there are 2 opposing dynamics regarding your OE interpretation. OE stands for "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". There is a VERY small representation of cars that truly fall into that category.

Then there is EIOE. It stands for "ERRONEOUS INTERPRETATION of ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". That represents the majority of what is currently being passed off as OE.

I agree and to be honest out of all of these shows, I like Dave Kindig's (Bitchin' Rides) style the best for custom work. When I hit the lottery he will get my call.

Could not agree more!!!! BR's is not only entertaining to fully watch but the quality of the end product, WOW! Leaves you speechless!

Could not agree more!!!! BR's is not only entertaining to fully watch but the quality of the end product, WOW! Leaves you speechless!

Ditto , that freaking Counts Customs prices are so inflated , and then they claim poverty and are not making any money what a joke those hwy robbers Are

Can understand why they haven't had field trips to the vendors they use.
(Tony's , instrument specialties , the bolt & clip supplier ect...)

Hemi*guy,

- - - Updated - - -

Stu,

- - - Updated - - -

ECS,

Thank you for clarifying that. I was only aware of one OE class.

I guess that is like what happens during an investigation in my field of work. What was "said to have happened" and what "REALLY happened". lol

I think you are confused....they are watching!!!!!

I predict a whole lot of new members over there will be posting up cover ups , pushing blame elsewhere ,excuses , excuses , excuses , and doing a whole lot of damage control in 3 2 1 go

i wonder if that list of cars above waiting to be restored
are being used as parts cars for the current restos going on? :eusa_liar:

Your own words say thats why I (meaning YOU) come back to WATCH. Sorry, but if you are watching (reading) you aren't typing responses on here to people.:jerk:

Yet, you replied this to me just before.

I think you are confused....they are watching!!!!!

Sorry, bud. You can't have it both ways. Which one is it? I'm willing to lay money on its the one that you come back on here and post instead of "watching".

Ditto , that freaking Counts Customs prices are so inflated , and then they claim poverty and are not making any money what a joke those hwy robbers Are

I visited Kounts Customs last April and was disappointed to be honest, the best part about the visit was that I got my picture taken with "Farmtruck" which was parked in the driveway on a trailer. As I said, out of all of these shows I like Bitchin' Rides the best. Chasing Classic Cars I like also but those cars are a different breed. I used to like Fast & Loud but the more I watched the less I liked....they are only in it for the money and not for the love of the cars. Graveyard Cars is in it for the preservation of the cars first money second. Laugh if you want but I really like Wheeler Dealers, yes they are only in it for the money but at the same time both guys are very knowledgeable and do repairs that can be done in most driveways.

Auto Transport Service
Back