• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grease gun recommendation

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
I just threw away the second performance tool grease gun that was happily exchanged by Orielly a few years ago after the first one puked.
Ready to buy something that works and last longer than two years.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Happy New Year

:thumbsup:My 1975 vintage Craftsman grease gun still works.
Yes I wish I had shipped home my dad's Alemite grease gun from the 1960s. It went for $1 at an estate sale.

Okay anyone with a 1960s 1970s grease gun for sale?

Hard to beat the older ones that's for sure. I still have mine from Canadian Tire also. It's from back in the 80's. The one I had all the years I was trucking. Must have at least a thousand tubes through it. Still works great. Had to replace the tip a few times times. And the hose once. Have a shiny new one from Lumax. It works nice. So far. I don't imagine I'll ever wear that one out. I had to go out and look It might be made in the US of A. The hose is anyway.

Edit...
Made me curious where they were made. No place that I can see is stating where they are manufactured?? Must be sourced off shore. They showed their facility but just looked like a warehouse and no manufacturing to be seen.
Go figure.

Last edited:
I was gifted with a Lincoln electric grease gun and after using it several times I gifted it in the garbage . Heavy and awkward to use , piece of crap. Went back to my dads old Alemite , fifty years old and still works like a champ.

i have a one from 70-80's that was used when i bough a bust garage for there equipment in 1997.
that still works great, but i bought another one , a one handed from amazon that is 2 years old now
and at best 4 tube of grease so far.went through it
Bravex Heavy Duty Professional Pistol Grip Grease Gun 6000 PSI - 18 inch Flex Hose

Only new gun I have any success with came from tractor supply. Had this one about five years and almost daily use on my skid steer and other equipment. Thinking it was about $20

Milwaukee M18 cordless, works good but the fittings now a days suck

Milwaukee M18 cordless, works good but the fittings now a days suck
aint-dat-da-troof.jpg
Damn Chinese zerk fittings...

I have a Campbell-Hausfeld air operated gun.

It's been nice.

Was about $35 a couple years ago.

I believe I have a new in box Alemite grease gun.Has to be from the 60's.It was found at my dad's when he passed and we were cleaning out.
Now,, Where the heck did I put it ???

I believe I have a new in box Alemite grease gun.Has to be from the 60's.It was found at my dad's when he passed and we were cleaning out.
Now,, Where the heck did I put it ???
Find it and list it for sale.

If I do you will be first to know.
What I gotta do is start looking for something else,THEN I'll find it.

never had a problem with my grease gun oops wrong grease gun sorry

Auto Transport Service
Back