• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greatest thing since sliced bread - Pro-Form Balancer tool

I'm a cheapskate and don't use one often enough to warrant buying one
so I borrow one from the local Auto Zone. Very similar. Looks like a quality
unit for the long haul!

Yes indeed! The very same tool I have, and have used it many, many times, both for removing and also for installing balancers! Great tool! ruffcut

This would be a deal breaker for me:

"Will not work with GM LS-based engines and Ford Modular motors."

NOT!

I have never had a good balancer tool. This time around I decided to splurge on a tool:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-66514

This thing is great. I feel stupid for never investing in one.

Chuck (snook)
Doesn't sound like a bad price to me. I made one that has thick washers but still relies on the threads of the crank to pull the balancer on but with enough grease, it's worked without any issues on dozens of engines. Suppose I could have made a stud instead but the factory bolt worked good. I also make sure the fit is right before doing it and make sure there are no nicks on the crank or balancer. I've had a few cranks where some moron used a pipe wrench on it to turn the crank I guess. Or maybe they pulled the balancer and then figured they needed to hold the engine to unbolt the converter....? Morons anyway you look at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back