• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green axle bearings

MMAYBE.....but perhaps a close third place candidate is an understanding of the thermodynamic principles related to automotive cooling systems and the rate of temperature change, velocity, and BTU/Hr exchanged.......but which spark plugs are best and which oil type is best and high volume - vs - high pressure oil pumps are best are alternate topics.....subject to personal preferences and the "my buddies friend's" rule.
BOB RENTON
True – even after 40 years of car repairs/restorations I find I know less the more I learn..

Hell, I’ve forgotten half of everything you guys have said. Lol!!

And how many lousy oils are on the market these days??

And how many lousy oils are on the market these days??
Oly crap – oils. Another study that will overload the mind; mine anyway, after spilling into the subject (think there’s a pun here) for oil for my ride hunting down causes of higher engine temps and high pressure.

Got my dial indicator out last night to reinstall my stock axles with what look like original bearings and seals. Still look good .
Repacked and set end play to 12 thou.
On 742 sure grip . Sure hope I did that right.

Got my dial indicator out last night to reinstall my stock axles with what look like original bearings and seals. Still look good .
Repacked and set end play to 12 thou.
On 742 sure grip . Sure hope I did that right.
Get things up to operating temps and put the dial indicator on it and see what ya got. I'm a machinist and have never used a dial indicator on one and have never had problem. I got the feel eh? lol Don't even remember what the service manual says is acceptable....

Auto Transport Service
Back